Missing - WinterWitch x Reader

"Where is she?" Wanda yelled as she used her power to toss the Hydra agents against the side of the hallway they were in.

"I don't know." Bucky's voice was clipped and full of the worry he felt at that moment. He shot two of the agents Wanda had thrown to ensure they stayed down. "I haven't seen her since we entered the building."

"She's not responding on the comms."

Bucky flicked a glance over to see Wanda's eyes blown wide with fear. "I know. I know she's not." He all but growled the response and grabbed the nearest agent to take out some of his aggression. After another flurry of action, everything was suddenly very still and quiet. As he panted and tried to catch his breath, he pressed on the comm in his ear. "Does anyone have eyes on Y/N?"

Wanda moved to his side and wrapped her arms around his waist as she pressed her face into his shirt. She trembled against him and he put one arm around her to keep her close. Another couple of minutes and everyone had responded in the negative as to your whereabouts.

Bucky clenched his teeth together causing a muscle to tic in his jaw. This wasn't like you. Sure, you did your own thing, but you never went silent. And you always let someone know where you were. You also normally stayed close to him or Wanda. No, he didn't like this at all.

Wanda was a mess and Bucky didn't know what state she would have been in had he not been there. Truth was, he wasn't sure he was much better off but he was better at hiding it. "What's our play here, Steve?"

There was a stretch of silence. "Let's regroup outside at the rendezvous point. If she's not there, we'll coordinate a search. Odds are she's just having an issue with her comms, so let's keep our heads until there's a reason to panic."

"Yes, sir." Steve's words might have been addressed to the entire team but Bucky knew they were intended for him and Wanda. The two of them moved toward the entrance, shifting position so they were holding hands. He kept glancing over and would occasionally squeeze her hand when the look in her eyes became too painful.

His heart sank when they arrived at the meeting point and there was no sign of Y/N. He heard a gasp from Wanda and saw tears welling in her eyes. Tugging her toward him, he tucked her into his side. "Tell us what to do, Steve. I need to find our girl."

Sympathy flooded Steve's eyes, but Bucky didn't want sympathy. He wanted his Y/N. Cap started to divide the team up and give them different areas to search. He'd only just begun when an explosion tore through the base, making them all rock on their feet. He spun taking Wanda with him and fell to his knees as the sheer enormity of the devastation overwhelmed him. No one could survive something like that.

His vision swam as tears flooded his eyes. Beside him, Wanda screamed—a haunting sound none of them was likely to forget any time soon. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly hoping she could find some sort of comfort from him, but he had little to give.

The two of them rocked in their pain. This was supposed to be a simple mission. In and out they'd been told. Instead, their Y/N was gone forever. Without Wanda by his side, there was no way he'd be able to survive this. Given the deep grief they so obviously shared, they just may perish together at any rate.

"Bucky." Steve's voice was soft, nudging for his attention. Bucky ignored it. He didn't want the comfort of his oldest friend right now. He didn't deserve it. He should never have left the facility without her.

"Bucky." He was louder this time, more firm. Bucky still ignored him.

Suddenly, Steve's big ape hand was on his head and turning it so he faced a different direction. A silhouette framed against the flames moved in their direction. He'd know that stride anywhere. A relieved laugh escaped him and he scrambled to his feet.

Wanda fell away from him in confusion until she followed the trajectory he was on. This time her gasp was a happy one and her tears were full of joy.

You were grinning by the time Bucky reached you and swept you up into his arms. The motion made you grunt and he quickly put you back on your feet. His eyes ran over you checking for injury. Blood ran down the side of your face, but the cut on your forehead appeared to be mostly superficial. You pressed a hand against your side. "Ribs."

Wanda reached the two of you before he could respond and threw her arms around you, causing you to grunt again. "Oh, I'm sorry," she exclaimed and started to pull away.

Your arms wrapped around her back to stop her. "You're fine. Just don't squeeze too hard." Your eyes found his. "You too, Barnes. Get over here."

The three of you just held each other for a long moment, silently acknowledging how different things could have ended. Finally, you separated to head back to the others. You walked in the middle, their hands entangled with yours. "Hey, Cap," you said by way of greeting when you stopped in front of Steve.

"Y/N. Good to see you." The corner of his mouth kicked up. "Thought we'd lost you there for a second."

Your nose scrunched up as if you'd smelled something bad. "Comms blew. I could hear you guys but no one could hear me. I completed my mission."

He took in the burning rubble behind you. "I see that. Good job, Y/L/N. Load up, you three. Your can finish your reunion on the jet."

"Please don't," Tony said and you turned to look at him with an arched brow. "I am young and impressionable, Y/N. There are some things I won't be able to unsee."

You snorted a laugh and Bucky rolled his eyes before sweeping you up into his arms to carry you the rest of the way. You'd complain but you were acutely aware of how much you'd scared him. Both of them. Wanda kept her grip on your hand. You took your seats at the back of the jet. Tony took a seat directly across from you and Bucky looked at him as he placed his hand on your thigh. "You want to keep that unsullied mind of yours, Stark, I suggest you find somewhere else to sit."