Late Night Swim - Bucky Barnes

A/N: This was a request from tumblr

***

After tossing and turning for the second straight hour, you threw your blankets aside and sat up on the edge of your bed. You didn't even have a good reason for not being able to sleep. The mission you'd returned from had gone perfectly and you were back in your own bed. You hadn't gotten enough sleep to be awakened by a nightmare. As always, your room was the perfect temperature for you. Your brain just would not shut off.

You blamed Bucky for that one. If he'd just leave you alone this wouldn't be an issue. But, no, he just had to flirt with you constantly. Or let what should have been a perfectly innocent touch linger far longer than it should. And when you studied him to try to discern his motivation, he'd simply smile and act like nothing unusual was going on. So now your brain danced in the dark trying to figure out just what the super soldier was up to.

Finally admitting defeat, you quickly changed into your swimming suit and grabbed an oversized towel on your way out the door to the pool. A few laps would hopefully wear your brain out enough that it would actually go to sleep.

As your eyes fell on the pool, you sighed in relief. At this hour only the twilight lights were on, casting the area in a soft glow. Perfect. At least it was until you heard the distinctive splash of someone else enjoying the pool. You stepped into the shadows and ran your eyes over the surface of the water. Hopefully it was Tasha. It wouldn't be the first time the two of you had shared a late night swim.

You no sooner had the thought than two hands braced themselves at the edge of the pool. One flesh, one metal. Shit. Buck pushed himself up out of the water and it cascaded from him as he breached the surface. Your tongue traced your bottom lip as your eyes ran over him of their own accord. Water beaded and ran down heavily muscled flesh. Damn.

You breathed out in an attempt to regain control of your libido. This man was going to be your undoing, you were just sure of it. Part of you was vaguely aware that staring at him from the shadows was a bit creepy, the rest of you was just drinking in the view unsure when, or if, you'd get to see it again.

Buck grabbed a towel from one of the loungers near the pool and wiped the moisture from his body. His trunks hung low on his hips revealing the beginning of that sinful vee. If you thought he was even remotely aware of your presence, you'd swear he was trying to kill you. Of course, there were many worse ways to die.

He released a long sigh as he sat on one of the many chairs. The slump in his shoulders tugged at your heart. You bit your bottom lip as you made the decision to step from the shadows. When he didn't immediately notice you, you cleared your throat.

His head jerked in your direction and his eyes went wide when he saw you. He rose swiftly to his feet, the towel clutched in his fist and held in front of him. It was impossible to miss the way his eyes raked over you and you heated under his intense gaze. "Hey, Bucky," you finally said in an effort to break the tension between the two of you.

He licked his lips and cleared his throat. "Hey, Y/N/N. What are you doing out here?"

You shrugged one shoulder and stepped forward. "Couldn't sleep. You?"

"Same."

You stepped toward him again only for him to move to keep a chair between the two of you. You tilted your head to the side and furrowed your brow. "Bucky Barnes, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were afraid of me."

He smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Fear doesn't exactly cover how I'm feeling, doll."

You found yourself returning his grin. "Is that so? What word would cover it, Sergeant?" Even you were surprised at the amount of seduction you could put into an otherwise innocent sentence.

He sucked in a breath at the nickname and his gaze darkened. "Careful, sweetheart. Don't start something you aren't willing to finish."

You took another step forward and this time he held his ground. You looked down and then glanced up at him through your lashes. "Who said I wasn't willing?"

"Fuck." He rounded the chair in a flash as he dropped the towel from his grip. His was on you so quickly, you only had a moment to see the bulge he'd been trying to hide. Before you could even think of teasing him for it, his lips found yours and all thought fled from your brain.

"Oh, God," you groaned when he pulled back to look at you. He grinned and reclaimed your lips. The two of you fed at one another's mouths for several minutes. This time when he pulled back, he rested his forehead against yours while the two of you caught your breath.

"I've wanted to do that for ages," he finally said, breaking the silence.

"Me, too," you admitted. You looped your arms around his neck and peered up at him. "What do you say you and I go inside and discuss our insomnia like two consenting adults?"

He chuckled as his hands found your hips and pulled you into him. You sucked in a breath at the feel of him pressed against you with only the thin fabric of your swimsuits between you. "That might be a long conversation, sweetheart."

"God, I hope so."