Idiot - Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto

You were sitting at the bar having a beer when you felt them. Two mutants had walked in. You didn't turn to look. It wasn't your business and it didn't affect you. 

Well, it didn't until one sat on each side of you. You didn't look at them as you took a reading from them, knowing instantly what their powers were. These two were interesting. "Frustrating isn't it?" you said after another sip of your beer. 

"What is?" a deep voice said from your left and you took the chance to glance over. He had the good looks to match the voice with dark hair and blue eyes. "Well, hello handsome," you said earning a smirk from him as he looked you over. "But I wasn't talking to you."

You glanced at his friend and smiled. This one was cute, too but you liked your men a little rougher around the edges. You'd stick with Handsome. "Aren't you two a pair?" His eyes narrowed as he continued to attempt to read your mind. That won't work unless I want it to.

His eyes went wide and he shot a look at his companion. 

You finished your beer and pushed the bottle away from you. "Perhaps we should discuss this elsewhere?" you asked as you stood. 

Handsome was quick to pull out some cash and throw it on the bar to pay for your drink. You flashed him a smile. "Thanks."

You followed them out of the building and around the corner to the alley. "What can I do for the two of you?"

"We would like to offer you a job," the cute one said. 

You crossed your arms over your chest. "First, I don't make a habit of working for people I don't know. Second, why would you offer me a job when you don't even know what I can do."

He frowned. "I thought..." he trailed off and pointed to his head. 

You arched a brow. "Name?"

He cleared his throat. "Charles Xavier."

"And you, handsome?"

"Erik Lehnsherr."

"My...abilities are a little more specialized than that."

"Such as?" Erik asked. 

You studied both men. "I don't know you well enough to tell you that." Your power could get you killed if the wrong people discovered what you were capable of. You knew that and had always been overly cautious about reveling too much about yourself.

Erik draped an arm around your shoulders. "Perhaps we should get to know each other then."

***

Erik and Charles took you with them on their recruiting mission once you revealed you knew what a mutant's powers were as soon as they were in your proximity. You'd been traveling with them now for almost three weeks. A couple of promising mutants had been found but there were others whose mutations didn't affect their lives or were simply too young and you'd convinced the men to leave them be. 

Currently the three of you were eating at a table in their hotel suite. You sipped at your beer as you watched Charles finish eating. You took a breath as you looked between them. It was time. "I know I asked you this before, but I'm going to ask you again. I need you to think about the answer. It's important," you said and both men gave you their full attention.

"Are you sure about these people? I  mean like really sure? Because if I get into the wrong hands, if I think I'm working for the good guys but I'm wrong, the results could be devastating."

They exchanged a look and Erik leaned back in his chair. "Don't take this the wrong way, sweetheart, but being able to pick mutants out of a room they're in and know what their powers are isn't apocalyptic."