Blind Date - Daredevil/Matt Murdock

You had recently moved back to New York and connected with one of your old friends, Karen Page. She had been bugging you for weeks now to go out with her to meet her boyfriend and his best friend who also happened to be her boss. She thought you would be perfect for him. You weren't interested at all until she told you their names.

So, now it was a Friday evening and you shrugged out of your jacket as you walked into Josie's bar. Your eyes quickly found them at the table toward the back. Stopping at the bar, you ordered a beer then made your way to the table.

Karen smiled at you as you stepped up in waved. "(y/n)!" She gave you a hug then pulled back to introduce you to the men. "This is my boyfriend Foggy and my boss Matt." Foggy looked at you with wide eyes and you just smirked and shook your head. 

"I know this was supposed to be a blind date, Karen, but this is a little ridiculous," you said as you dropped into the empty chair. Foggy's lips twitched and he took a sip of his beer as he tried not to laugh. Matt's head jerked up as soon as you started talking and Karen's jaw dropped open.

She looked at you in wide-eyed horror. "What are you doing? You can't say things like that?" she hissed.

"She has a point, babe. You really shouldn't have blind-sided her with something like this."

You slammed a hand over your mouth to keep yourself from snorting a laugh. Karen was now darting glances between the two of you and Matt was smiling. "It was a little unsightly of you," he added and again, you fought back a laugh.

"What the hell is going on? Are you all crazy?" Karen said.

"You should already know the answer to that," you said and leaned back in your chair. Your gaze darted over to Matt. "Karen says you're attorneys?"

"Yes, we are," Matt and Foggy said in unison. 

You sipped your beer. "So if I get arrested can I call you to braille me out?"

Both of their lips were twitching and Karen was glaring at you as if she were contemplating your demise. You sat your beer on the table. "Okay, okay, Karen. I'm sorry. I'll stop with the blind jokes. I don't really see their point anyway."

"Oh my God," she yelled in exasperation and both of the men broke out laughing. 

You jumped up from your seat and did a little victory dance then you turned back to the table and pointed at the two men. "You lose. Ha!"

Matt scooted back from the table and held his arms open. You wasted no time rushing over to him and throwing your arms around him for a hug. You moved to hug Foggy but before you could, Matt pulled you to sit sideways in his lap. His arms looped around your waist holding you in place.

Karen looked completely lost and Foggy took pity on her. "(y/n) went to law school with us. We used her to pass our classes. It was disgusting really."

She turned to look at you in surprise. "Wait. This was the Matt you dated in college?"

You grinned. "Small world, huh? We were the inseparable trio."

"Until she broke my heart," Matt said behind you. 

Your face heated and you dropped your head forward. He rubbed a hand on your back. "When I went to California to take care of my dad, Matt wanted to keep dating, but I refused. I thought a long distance relationship would be too distracting for him while he went to school."

"Yeah, like him moping around for six months wasn't distracting," Foggy muttered into his glass.

"Foggy," Matt snapped.

"What?" he protested. "It's the truth."

Your eyes darted over to Karen as she opened her mouth. "Don't you dare," you said, pointing a finger at her.

"What?" Matt asked from behind you. "What is it Karen?"

You tried to get up and he tugged you back down. This happened a couple of times before he leaned forward and pressed his lips next to your ear. "Stay." His voice sent a shiver down your spine just as it always had. 

He ran one of his hands under the hem of your shirt and laid his palm flat against your stomach. Tugging you back against him, you had no choice but to lay on his chest. He pinned you in place with his arms. "Now, Karen, what was that you were going to say?"

"No. No. No." You were cut off from saying anything further when Matt put a hand over your mouth. 

"Behave," he hissed in your ear and you stopped trying to get away from him. 

"When I first tried to set her up with you, she didn't know who you were and she said no because she was still in love with her college boyfriend and was thinking of trying to find him," Karen said the words all strung together and super fast. 

You slumped in defeat. Damn Karen. Your cheeks heated as Matt went completely still beneath you.

There was a long uncomfortable silence then Foggy spoke up. "Let's leave these two alone to catch up, huh?" He drained his beer then stood and offered his hand to Karen. She took it and they left with one last wave in your direction.

Matt's arms loosened their hold on you and you moved to take the seat next to him that Karen had just vacated.

When he didn't say anything, you spoke up. "I'm sorry, Matt. I wish she wouldn't have said anything. Maybe I shouldn't have come."

He tilted his head and looked in my direction. "Why not?"

You ran your hands along the legs of your jeans. What had you been thinking coming here? You'd just wanted to see him again. Even if it was only one more time. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or stir things up for you. I just...wanted to see you."

When he didn't say anything else, tears welled in your eyes. You angrily swiped them away. This was your own fault. You were the one that broke up with him. Even if you regretted it from the moment the words left your mouth, you had no reason to expect him to take you back.

"(y/n)." He said your name softly. When you didn't respond he said it a little louder, a little more demanding. "(y/n)."

You cleared your throat and looked at him. "Yeah?"

He leaned forward and cupped the side of your face with his hand. You closed your eyes and leaned into his touch. "Did you mean it when you told Karen you were still in love with me?"

A tear dripped from your eye and splashed against his hand even as you smiled. "Who says I was talking about you?"

"You're cute. Very cute," he said and leaned forward. His lips found yours and gave you a soft kiss. 

You leaned your forehead against his. "I never stopped loving you, Matt. I thought letting you go would be better for both of us."

"Well, even you have to be wrong every once in awhile," he teased then kissed you again, harder this time. 

You hooked a hand around his wrist and kept hold even when you broke away again. 

"So, (y/n), you want to help a poor blind man find his way home," he asked.

"I would love to."

***

A/N: I don't even know what this is. Those stupid puns came to me and well...anyway, hope you liked it. Don't forget to request.