No Happy Ending - Dark!Tony

The Avengers. The name alone was enough to have most people cowering in fear these days. After the chaos that Ultron had caused, the world had turned on the heroes. They blamed them for deaths and property damage and anything else they could. Even Tony's money couldn't smooth things over this time.

Rather than licking their wounds and trying to smooth things over, the Avengers struck back. Their thirst for power corrupted them. They went on the attack, yielding weapons and dark power no one had ever seen before. At least that's how the press reported it. In between the news stories of the team's current whereabouts and what areas had already fallen.

You had a front row seat for the fall of the Avengers. And it was so much worse than people thought. The Avengers weren't going to come back. They weren't going to one day come to their senses and fix what they'd done. The Avengers no longer existed, not as they once did. And no one knew that better than you.

You slid into an alley and crouched beside a dumpster that reeked of rotten vegetables and ammonia. You struggled to slow your breathing, to keep from being overheard by the men chasing you. You'd been on the run for months, nearly a year. You hadn't been able to stay anywhere for more than a couple of days at a time.

Tony Stark was looking for you and what Mr. Stark wanted, Mr. Stark got. Your pictured was plastered everywhere in the dark zones where the Avengers ruled. At first, you'd attempted to hide in free areas, but he always seemed to know where you were, where you'd ran off to. That would inevitably be the next place to fall. The third time it happened you were certain it could no longer be a coincidence. After that, you stayed in the dark zones. You weren't going to add to the suffering if you could help it.

This group had spotted you scrounging for food in the back alley of a grocery store and given chase. You weren't without your own talents and managed to evade them. Now the trick was outlasting them. Experience had taught you to just keep moving and they would eventually give up.

After several minutes had passed with no further sound from your pursuers, you peered around the dumpster. Nothing. You pulled your hood up, shoved your hands in your pockets and hurried from the alley. You made it only a couple of blocks before someone stepped in front of you. "Excuse me," you said.

When they didn't move or respond in anyway, you looked up. And right into the familiar face of Bucky Barnes. You swallowed past the lump in your throat. "Hey, Buck. Long time no see." Your heart pounded in your chest.

He made a sound of agreement. "Someone will be very happy to see you."

Before you could respond, Bucky's metal arm laid a hard punch to your jaw and knocked you out cold.

***

When you woke you were in a chair with your hands tied behind your back. You tried to move you hands to see how tight the restraints were but it didn't do much good. Your hands were already tingling. You opened your mouth slowly and cringed at the pain that flared through it from where Buck punched you. Bastard.

"Well, well, well. Look what the super soldier dragged in."

Tony's familiar voice flowed through you. God how you wished it was your Tony. You'd give anything for it to be him again, but you weren't certain that was even possible anymore.

As he strolled around so he stood in front of you, you had to admit he looked good. Why wouldn't he? Since he was a complete and utter asshole now, there was no worry, no fear, no guilt. You were fairly certain this creature in front of you wasn't even capable of remorse or empathy. "What do you want?"

He gripped your chin hard enough to bruise. "You, Y/N. You belong to me."

"I belonged to Tony. You're not him so kindly fuck off." You spat at his feet.

His dark eyes studied you. Finally, he tilted his head. "If I am not Tony, who am I?"

"You're a thing. A virus. A fungus. Alien." The team had taken a mission that took them to space. When they'd all come down with flu-like symptoms, Banner had looked for a cause. They were already gone by the time his cultures and research yielded any results. Alien parasites was the closest comparison. They infected and took over the host. SHIELD was looking for a cure. Not that it was going to do you any good here.

His eyes narrowed. "You do know things you shouldn't. This host says you're smart. Brilliant even. Do you think you could take us down knowing what you do, Y/N?"

"Not my area of expertise I'm afraid." You hid the disgust and sorrow that swamped you when he mentioned Tony's thoughts. Was Tony aware of everything this creature was doing as him?

"Tell me something. Before we came along did you honestly think this tortured soul and you would be happy together forever?"

The corner of your mouth kicked up in a smile. "Something like that."

A muscle in his jaw ticked as he wrapped a hand around your throat and squeezed. You instantly struggled to breath and everything felt tight. He leaned closer until his face was only inches from yours. "There is no happy ending here, Y/N."

He closed the distance between you then and pressed his lips to yours. Your heart ached but this wasn't your Tony. When his tongue slid across your lip requesting entrance, you kept your mouth tightly shut.

Drawing your bottom lip between his teeth, he bit down hard enough that you bled. You gasped at the sudden pain, and he took advantage. You expected his tongue to invade your mouth in an unwelcome intimacy. Instead something thick and putrid flowed from him to you. You choked on it as it slid down your throat and spread through your chest. Your head swam and suddenly you felt very small, insignificant. Almost as if you didn't exist at all.

W