Mine - Steve Rogers/Captain America

This one was requested by capfan2014 Thanks for the request. It was fun to write. Hope you like it.

Reminder: Y/N/N = your nickname  h/c=hair color e/c=eye color

***

"Our target is Benjamin Kruze. He is an assassin responsible for the deaths of many high profile targets. There are almost no photographs of him and he goes by several aliases," Fury said from his spot at the head of the table. Clint, Natasha, Coulson and Maria Hill were all present. At the far end of the table, your boyfriend Steve Rogers sat beside you, a frown on his handsome face. 

"How are we supposed to retrieve him if we don't know what he looks like?" he asked.

"We have intel that puts him at an event in London tonight using the alias Nick Lucas," Natasha said as she pushed a button. A picture of a tattoo flashed up on the screen behind Fury. A black and gray Japanese dragon that covered the front of one shoulder and curved around to the arm and back. "This is the only way we have to positively identify our target."

"I assume that he'll have that covered so how are we supposed to get a look at it. What kind of event is it anyway?" Steve pointed out as he shifted his weight. He was annoyed your date had been interrupted for this meeting. You ran your eyes over him, taking in your favorite blue shirt. He only wore it for you.  

You said nothing and leaned back in your seat, arms crossed over your chest. You knew where this was going and Cap was not going to be getting any happier any time soon.

Natasha cleared her throat and laced her fingers together on the table. "It is a black tie event for charity. The hotel has already been scoped. Someone will have to get close enough to our target to get a view of the tattoo. Once we have visual confirmation, our team will close in and make the arrest."

"And I suppose that someone is you?" Steve asked.

Natasha shook her head. "I'm no good for undercover work. We have no idea if he knows about me or not. We need someone with a low profile. And we know that Kruze has a type. (Height) women with h/c hair and e/c eyes," she answered with a smirk. All eyes in the room turned to you.

"Oh, come on." Steve leaned back in his seat and tossed his pen on the table.  His gaze darted over to you then back to Fury. "Isn't there anyone else?"

You placed your hand on his arm. "It's my job, Steve."

He opened his mouth to say something but thought better of it and snapped it closed. "Fine. But I'm there for backup."

"Wouldn't have it any other way, Rogers," Fury insisted.

***

There was no time to lose so you headed immediately for the jet taking you to London. A team was onboard to get you ready for the assignment. While they primped and prepped, you studied the few photos there were of the target and his tattoo.  

When the team finished, you stepped back into the main area of the jet. Natasha let out a low whistle. "Lookin' good, Y/N/N."

Steve turned from where he'd been talking to the pilot and looked you over. His mouth dropped open slightly and heat flooded his eyes. You did your best to hide your smirk at his reaction. 

"You look stunning," he said as he came over to you. 

"Why thank you, Mr. Rogers," you teased. 

His warm hand settled on your waist and he pressed his forehead against yours. "Be careful tonight, sweetheart."

"I'm always careful."