Chapter 9: I'll See you Some Other Time

Feather awakened to chaos.

Lark stormed in, banging pots and pans like she did every morning, yelling. "TIME FOR YOU ALL TO GO SAVE THE FOREST, GO ON, GET ON IT!"

Thorn made the mistake of leaping to his paws with a startled snarl and Lark spun towards him.

"DON'T YOU SNARL AT ME, BOY!" she barked.

Thorn flattened his ears to his head and nodded.

"GET UP AND GET MOVING, SAVIORS. THIS FOREST ISN'T GOING TO SAVE ITSELF, IS IT?" Lark asked, though it wasn't really a question.

Moss and Sage both stood, bumped into each other, and fell back onto the floor.

"What an awakening," Acorn said with tired, half-hearted giggles.

"GET OFF YOUR LAZY FANNIES AND GET MOVING! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF YOU UNLESS ASKED, GOT IT?"

They silently gathered their things in their satchels.

Moss put books and scrolls and notes in his. Feather heard loud rattling inside Thorn's satchel. She thought it must be an Invention of some kind.

Acorn gathered her herbs, books, scrolls, and journal and put them neatly in her satchel. Feather gathered a small supply of food, a weapon, and a heap of notes and scrolls from their training on the previous day.

Feather stretched again, her leg feeling nearly healed, which surprised her. Acorn inspected it and said it looked good to her, so now Feather pranced and danced all around the room.

"GET YOUR SNIVELLING CHILDREN OUT OF HERE, VIKTOR," Lark bellowed.

"Lark, please," Viktor said, exasperated, examining his scroll and scurrying around the main room. "We will be out of your fur in a moment. Saviors, say your goodbyes and we will resume our travels."

Feather hopped towards Greyling, who smiled.

"Y-your w-w-wing looks g-great!" he said cheerfully.

Feather hugged him tightly.

"Bye, Grey. I'm really gonna miss you."

Greyling hugged her back.

"Don't be... s-s-sad! I'll s-see you s-s-some... other t-time!"

Thorn approached Onyx.

"Bye, Onyx. Thank you for everything," he said with a shy, lopsided grin.

Onyx smiled.

"Nonsense, boy. It was the least I could do."

Thorn hugged him and Onyx hesitantly hugged back.

"I see you're the... Touchy-feely type," Onyx chuckled. "I'm going to miss you, Thorn."

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Onyx."

Moss wrapped his wings around Sora, who returned the gesture with her small, dainty paws.

"Stay safe and stay well, Sora," Moss said, choking up.

"Don't worry, Mossy! I will." Sora promised. "I'll miss you too."

The two hugged tight, Moss trying to keep himself from crying. He hated leaving a friend behind. Sora patted his back and giggled.

"Don't miss me too much out there, Mossy."

Moss nodded, though he knew he would anyways.

Lark stomped into the room, looking frustrated.

"I know! I know, Lark," Viktor sighed, pressing a paw to his temples. "We're just about to leave. Come, Saviors."

Lark turned to the Saviors, who stood in a line, their shoulders touching.

"Good luck, Saviors. Don't die," she said.

Sora gasped. "Did the ever so tough, strong, amazing, beautiful creature, Lark, just show affection? Oh, Onyx, catch me, I might faint."

Lark wrinkled her nose at Sora, who giggled. "I have never said that I'm beautiful in my life."

"I know that," Sora replied. "But you should. It's true."

Onyx chuckled at the sight of Lark becoming a gooey, blushy mess.

"SHUT YOUR TRAP, ONYX," Lark yelled at him.

Onyx rolled his pure black eyes and put a hoof on Thorn's shoulder. "Be careful out there, Thorn. Remember what I taught you."

Thorn nodded, straightening his shoulders. "I won't let you down."

A/N:

lark is definitely ,,,,,, special

okay ily bye u american redneck </3