Chapter 31: Everything and Nothing

Equity could feel herself under control. Sort of.

But she couldn't move, she couldn't think, she couldn't stop it, she couldn't fight it. She was in a state of everything and nothing at the same time.

She could just barely make out the scene she had been staring at for days on end. It was fuzzy, she couldn't hear anything, she could hardly make out shapes and colors, hardly see. Certainly couldn't process anything.

She had put together the fact that she was trapped in a small space, and there were figures surrounding her at all hours. The surrounding area mostly glittered.

Her head felt like there were big, fat clouds in it, and as if there were tentacles slowly tightening their grip around her throat.

She was hardly aware of it, hardly even breathing.

She felt everything and nothing all at once.

It was as if this is how life had always been, but also as if it just happened, out of the blue.

She was just a part of Pirate, a singular sliver of his corrupted, twisted soul.

She didn't even know her own name, her gender, her past, her present, anything about her, or anything about Pirate, at that.

It was everything. It was nothing. It was awful.