Byernes 4:47PM

JANUARY 13, 2023・FRIDAY・16:47

Maya hurriedly walks toward the school canteen

Maya hurriedly walks toward the school canteen. Struggling. She doesn't wear heels that much. Music is blaring from inside. To her surprise, there's a huge turnout. Grade 11 and 12 students from different strands walking in and out of the place. Although she's a bit worried since she's the only one dressing up.

She finally reaches the entrance and sure enough, Sailor Moon and the waitress are there. This time, Sailor Moon's a cat lady. Maya doesn't watch that much anime so she doesn't know which cat lady specifically. The waitress however is still a waitress. Their eyes widen, seeing Maya.

"Oh my god! Niadto ka!" says the cat lady.

"OH MY GOD, YOU CAME!"

"Sorry, medyo na late ko," Maya says, anxiously combing her hair, worried anyone would see her.

"SORRY FOR BEING LATE."

"Okay lang, wala paman nag start," says the waitress.

"YOU'RE GOOD. WE HAVEN'T STARTED YET."

"35 PESOS PLEASE!" screams the cat lady which makes Maya jump a bit. She opens her wallet and takes out a 20 peso bill and some coins.

The waitress gives her a ticket. "So, pag-mukaon na ka, ipakita lang ning ticket. Pwede pud ka mag tip sa mga waiters if gusto ka. Wala ka namo gina force pero highly encouraged siya."

"JUST SHOW THIS TICKET WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO EAT. YOU CAN ALSO TIP THE WAITERS IF YOU LIKE. WE'RE NOT FORCING YOU OR ANYTHING BUT IT'S HIGHLY ENCOURAGED."

Maya nods and puts the ticket in her bag.

"Welcome to the H.E. Strand Showcase! Enjoy!" Another spirited yell from cat lady.

Maya slings her bag on her shoulder and walks inside.

The room is lit like a fancy restaurant, yellow and orange lights intentionally placed in specific areas to provide a fancy ambience. But there are also hints of it looking like a club from the weird circly laser lights gliding across the ceiling. The place is packed. To her relief, a lot of people have dressed up. Some are still wearing their school uniforms but majority were made up. From a distance, she can see Jasmin and her new friends sat at around a table near the makeshift stage H.E. made. She finds a spot in the corner as the host walks towards the mic.