Domingo 5:28PM

JANUARY 22, 2023・SUNDAY・17:28

Maya brushes away a tiny bit of Noel's hair covering his face, careful not to wake him

Maya brushes away a tiny bit of Noel's hair covering his face, careful not to wake him. She's been awake for ten minutes, pulling him back inside the bed as he keeps almost falling off because it's too small for both of them to fit in.

The door is slightly open as part of her deal with Ante Kakay every time Noel comes to visit. May-may peeks inside and the two sisters quietly wave at each other. She enters the room, Maya gesturing her to keep quiet. She stands in front of Noel and slowly touches his face.

Maya tries to keep herself from laughing.

At first he doesn't notice. But soon, May-may starts to squeeze his cheeks and eventually, he wakes up. At first, he doesn't quite know what's happening, but then he slowly realizes that it's May-may. "Hala, si Lady Mariel," he says with a cracked voice.

"OH WOW. IT'S LADY MARIEL."

May-may giggles.

"Hi, Lady Mariel. Nganong gipukaw man ko nimo?"

"HI, LADY MARIEL. WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP?"

She laughs even more. "Nag-unsa ka diri, kuya?" She continues to squeeze his cheeks.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, KUYA?"

He looks at Maya and they share a tender smile. "Gibisita nako imong ate. Gitabangan pud nako siya ug study kay naa siya'y long quiz ugma."

"I'M JUST VISITING YOUR SISTER. I'M ALSO HELPING HER STUDY BECAUSE SHE HAS A LONG QUIZ TOMORROW."

"Nge ate, mangayog tabang."

"ATE'S ALWAYS ASKING FOR HELP."

"Nge ate, mangayog tabang," she mockingly repeats. "Ikaw, humana na tanan imong assignment?"

"ATE'S ALWAYS ASKING FOR HELP."

"AND YOU? HAVE DONE YOUR HOMEWORK YET?"