Lunes 4:18PM

FEBRUARY 20, 2023・MONDAY・16:18

FEBRUARY 20, 2023MONDAY16:18

Maya is sat by the bleachers, silently observing everything.

JR lets out an exhausted huff as he sits next to her. "Hi," he says, as he wipes off some sweat from his neck.

Maya smiles at him. "Kumusta? Kapoy?" she asks.

"HOW ARE YOU? TIRED?"

"Okay lang. Oo. Kapoy pero lingaw man pud siya," he says.

"I'M OKAY. YEAH, A BIT TIRED BUT IT'S FUN ANYWAY SO..."

Noel sees Maya and waves at her from afar.

Aljun, who's beside him, sees her and also waves at her.

Noel flicks his ear.

He opens his mouth and touches his ear from the pain.

Noel says something and does a roll on the tenor drums.

Aljun takes a second to analyze what he just did. He attempts to do it but messes up.

Noel shakes his head and gestures for him to try again.

"Dili ba siya bug-at?"

"ARE THEY HEAVY?"

"Dili man," he says as he slides the towel inside his shirt. "Aw. Siguro, sa sugod. Pero maanad ra man ka. Musakit lang imohang likod panagsa."

"NO."

"OH, I...YEAH, I GUESS. MAYBE AT FIRST. BUT YOU GET USED TO IT. SOMETIMES YOUR BACK DOES HURT THOUGH."

Aljun messes up again and yells, "Yati!"

"FUCK!"

Some of the members hear him and laugh.

Maya and JR laugh as well.

"Naunsa diay na siya?" Maya asks.

"WHAT'S UP WITH HIM?"

"Gibag-o man gud ni sir last week ang kana nga portion sa among routine ba. Unya naanad man na siya atong daan. Mao nang kada magtugtog mi nga katong updated na, mag sige siya ug kamali. Mao nang gipatudluan siya ni sir kang Noel."

"WELL, LAST WEEK, COACH CHANGED UP THAT PORTION OF THE ROUTINE. AND I THINK HE REALLY GOT USED TO THAT OLD ONE. SO EVERY TIME WE GET TO THAT UPDATED PART, HE ALWAYS MESSES UP. THAT'S WHY SIR ASKED NOEL TO TEACH HIM UNTIL HE GETS IT."

"Ah." Maya continues to stare at Noel from afar. "Dapat maningkamot na siya para maimpress sa iyaha si Mariz."

"OH."

"WELL, HE HAS TO TRY HARDER IF HE WANTS TO IMPRESS MARIZ."

JR chuckles.

Noel demonstrates the roll again to him a little more slowly.