Lunes 12:34PM

MARCH 6, 2023・MONDAY・12:34

MARCH 6, 2023MONDAY・12:34

"Jasmin," Maya says as she walks a bit faster to try and catch up with her.

Jasmin looks back and sees her. She immediately increases her pace, attempting to lose her.

Maya, determined to catch up with her, starts to run.

Jasmin steals another glance at her and extends her strides more.

After awhile, Maya manages to lessen the gap between them and eventually catches up with Jasmin. "Jas, hulat lang."

"JAS, SLOW DOWN."

She stops by the entrance of the school gymnasium and turns around, annoyed. "Unsa man imong gusto, Maya?" she asks, trying to catch her breath.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, MAYA?"

"Gusto lang ko makipag-isturya."

"I JUST WANT TO TALK."

"Dili ko gusto makipag-isturya sa imo," she turns away again to start walking.

"WELL, I DON'T WANT TO."

But then Maya grabs her arm gently. "Jas," she calmly says. "Tama na. Imohang asthma."

"SLOW DOWN. YOUR ASTHMA."

Jasmin turns back to face her and sighs.

"Isturya ta please."

"LET'S TALK PLEASE."

Jasmin shrugs.

They take a seat on one of the outdoor benches outside the gymnasium.

Maya nervously fiddles with her hands trying to think of what to say. "Kabalo ko nga giingnan nimo si Pamela sa nahitabo sa atoa."

"I KNOW YOU TOLD PAMELA ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED."

Jasmin nods and gives her a smirk. "Nakabalo na gyud ang tanan kung unsang klase nga tao."

"FINALLY, EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF A PERSON YOU ARE."

Maya looks her in the eye. "Jas, undangon na nato ni. Naa pa ta'y isa ka tuig ani nga school. Dili ni pwedeng ingon ani lang ta hangtod mugraduate ta. Gusto ka ani? Pirme na lang ta masuko? Mag-sinipatay, mag-libakanay?"

"JAS, WE NEED TO STOP THIS. WE STILL HAVE ONE YEAR LEFT IN THIS SCHOOL. WE CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS UNTIL WE GRADUATE. DO YOU ENJOY THIS? ALWAYS JUST SO ANGRY? ALWAYS JUST SCOWLING AT EACH OTHER? TALKING BEHIND EACH OTHER'S BACKS?"

Jasmin purses her lips and takes a moment to think. Eventually, she shakes her head.

Maya tucks some of her hair behind her ear. "Dili nako gusto ana, Jas. Gikapoy na ko."