Myerkoles 11:41AM

APRIL 26, 2023・WEDNESDAY・11:41

JR is walking through the corridor, on his way to the Guidance Office. Suddenly, from a distance, he catches a glimpse of somebody smiling at him. He realizes it's Hamza, heading towards the opposite direction. He smiles back at her. He notices she's also carrying a folder full of documentation.

"Research?" They both ask each other at the same time. Realizing what had just happened, they both share a laugh.

"Asa ka?" she asks.

"WHERE ARE YOU HEADED?"

"Guidance. Naa ko'y consultation. Ikaw?"

"GUIDANCE. I HAVE A CONSULTATION. YOU?"

"Gikan na ko sa faculty. Nagpa-check lang."

"I JUST CAME FROM THE FACULTY. JUST HAVING OURS CHECKED."

JR nods.

"Muadto ka sa fiesta ila Hazel karong byernes?" she asks.

"ARE YOU GOING TO THE FIESTA AT HAZEL'S THIS FRIDAY?"

"Erm...Ambot lang. Medyo busy man gud," he says, gesturing towards his research documentation. "Ikaw?"

"ERM...NOT SURE. I'M A BIT BUSY."

"YOU?"

"Muadto. Si Pamela baya naga-desisyon para sa among grupo." She laughs a little. "Kung muingon gani siya'g mangadto mi, dapat muadto gyud mi."

"I'M GOING. I MEAN, PAMELA'S ALREADY DECIDED FOR US."

"AND WHATEVER SHE SAYS, ALWAYS GOES."

"Nice," JR quips sarcastically. "Erm...Lakaw na ko Hamz ha. Basi'g ma-late na pud ko."

"ERM...WELL, I HAVE TO GO NOW HAMZ. CAN'T BE LATE."

"Okay, good luck."

They both go on their respective ways when—

"Ay, JR! Tama diay—sorry—basi'g makalimot ko. Sa among next episode ba, sa channel, among ifeature ang Drum and Lyre. Kinsa ako pwede isturyahon?"

"RIGHT, JR! SORRY—SO I DON'T FORGET. FOR OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL'S NEXT EPISODE, WE'RE PLANNING ON FEATURING THE DRUM AND LYRE FOR OUR SCHOOL. WHO DO I TALK TO FOR THAT?"

"Aw...Sige. Ingnon lang nako si coach ha."

"OH...OKAY. I'LL ASK COACH FOR YOU."

"Nice, sige. Salamat. Sorry nadugay na hinoon ka."

"NICE, ALRIGHT. THANK YOU. AND SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU."

"Okay lang." He waves goodbye at Hamza and turns to walk over to the Guidance Office door.

"IT'S FINE."

He knocks before he slowly pushes it open. As he steps inside, he sees Ma'am Zamora getting up from her desk and unzipping her bag to take out her keys.

Absentmindedly, she turns around and realizes that JR is there. She jumps a little. "Hala, Jose Lao."

"OH. JOSE LAO."

"Good afternoon, ma'am." He sheepishly smiles, showing her the folder. "JR na lang ma'am uy. Tigulang man paminawn ang Jose."

"JR IS FINE, MA'AM. JOSE SOUNDS TOO OLD."

"Ngano man? Nice man imohang pangalan...Jose...Jose..." She quickly fixes her hair and adjusts her clothes. "Nagdali ka, Jose?" she asks.

"WHY? IT'S A NICE NAME...JOSE...JOSE..."

"ARE YOU IN A HURRY, JOSE?"

"Wala man ma'am."

"NOT REALLY, MA'AM."

"Okay." She takes off her white and fuzzy indoor slippers and slips on her work heels. "Makahulat ka kadali? Mag-CR lang ko. Okay lang?"

"CAN YOU WAIT A SEC? I'LL JUST GO TO THE REST ROOM REAL QUICK. IS THAT ALRIGHT?"

"Okay lang ma'am," he reassures.

"IT'S FINE, MA'AM."

The clip-clopping of her shoes echoes throughout as she makes her way across the room.

"Lingkod lang sa dira," she gestures towards the chairs in front of her desk.

"YOU CAN SIT OVER THERE."

JR nods and steps aside. He grabs the door handle and pulls it open for her.

"Wow, gentleman. Salamat, Jose. Balik lang ko dayon ha?"

"WOW, GENTLEMAN. THANK YOU, JOSE. I'LL BE  VERY QUICK."

"Okay ma'am." Slowly, he shuts the door behind her as she walks off.

He turns and looks around the Guidance Office. Right away he notices a humidifier on top of the shelf next to Ma'am Zamora's desk, pumping out aromatic steam. He walks towards it and hovers his hand over the vent to meet the smoke. He then proceeds to sniff his palm. On his periphery, he catches a glimpse of a chart behind the desk. He looks up at it and sees that it's actually a poster of different dog breeds.

All of a sudden, the door creaks and JR quickly stands to attention.

"Ma'am Zams! Lunch na k—" Hazel stops herself, her eyes widen as she realizes that it's JR standing there by the desk.

"MA'AM ZAMS! HAVE YOU ALREADY EATE—"

They both just stare at each other in charged silence, clearly taken aback.

JR fumbles for words and manages an awkward wave, a strained smile on his face. "Hi," he greets, his voice cracking underneath the tension.

No response.

Michelle's expression is unreadable. Slowly, she reaches for the doorknob.

"Hazel," JR says, this time sounding more apologetic.

She doesn't say anything. With another glance at JR, she opens the door and walks out.

JR remains standing there. For a moment, he fixes his eyes on the part of the room where she stood. He takes a deep breath and puts down his research folder on the desk. He walks over to a chair and takes a seat.

 He walks over to a chair and takes a seat