Myerkoles 12:33PM

FEBRUARY 1, 2023・WEDNESDAY・12:33

Maya is furiously making out with Noel.

The sun is beaming down through the trees and casting shadows on them from the back of Maya's classroom.

She slowly pulls away, conscious people might see them.

Noel is still following her lips like a magnet.

She laughs and covers his face with her entire hands.

"No..." he says all muffled behind her palm.

She removes her hand from his face and shushes him. She looks around them to see if anyone is watching. She takes a second to just stare at his face and fix his hair a little. "Kabalo na si mama," she says under her breath.

"MOM KNOWS."

"Unsa?"

"WHAT?"

"Kabalo na si mama."

"MOM...KNOWS."

Noel takes a few seconds to process what she just said. Slowly, his widen as it finally sinks in. "Kabalo na siya?"

"SHE KNOWS?"

She nods.

A huge smile appears on his face. He looks at her like he can't quite believe it. He gives her another kiss.

She pulls away again. "Erm...kabalo kong busy ka kay hapit na exams. Pero..." She puts her hands on his chest. "Ugma ba...celebrate nato atong monthsary. Bahalag simple lang gud. Bahalag sa balay lang ta. Bawi lang ko sa nahitabo last week."

"ERM...I KNOW YOU'RE BUSY BECAUSE OF THE EXAMS NEXT WEEK. BUT..."

"TOMORROW...LET'S CELEBRATE OUR MONTHSARY. I DON'T CARE HOW WE DO IT. WE COULD EVEN JUST CELEBRATE AT HOME. I JUST WANT TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK."

"Okay," he says softly. "G ra ko ana."

"OKAY."

"I'M DOWN."

"Sure?"

He nods.

"Okay." She bites her lip. "Excited na ko."

"CAN'T WAIT!"

"Ako pud," he says as he slides his hands behind her back and pulls her in for another kiss.

"ME TOO."

She hangs her arms on his shoulders.

Suddenly, they're interrupted by someone adjusting their throat. They scramble and immediately push each other away.

Slowly, Maya realizes that it's Mariz. "Uy, hi," she says, a bit panicked.

"OH, HI."

"Erm...si Noel diay, Mariz. Uyab nako."

"ERM...THIS IS NOEL, MARIZ. MY BOYFRIEND."

"Mariz? Mao ni tong crush ni Aljun?"

"MARIZ? THE ONE ALJUN IS CRUSHING HARD ON?"

Mariz gives them an embarrassed smile.

Maya not-so-subtly elbows him and laughs to break the awkwardness. "Sorry. Ganiha ra ka nangita sa ako?"

"SORRY. HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING FOR ME?"

Mariz nods. "Muuli na unta ko ganiha, tas nitext man ug kalit si Pamela nga gusto daw siya makigkita sa atoa. Murag naga panic man to siya. Wala ka kadawat sa iyang text?"

"I WAS ABOUT TO GO HOME, WHEN I GET A TEXT FROM PAMELA. SHE WANTS TO MEET WITH US. I THINK SHE'S PANICKING. DIDN'T YOU GET A TEXT?"

Maya checks her phone. There's a message by Pamela. "Ay nagtext diay siya. Wala nako na check kay..." She turns to Noel. "Medyo nabusy lang."

"OH YEAH. SHE TEXTED ME. I DIDN'T CHECK. I WAS..."

"A BIT BUSY."

Noel smiles at her.

"Unya? Sila Gabbie ug Hamza?"

"AND? WHAT ABOUT GABBIE AND HAMZA?"

Mariz shrugs. "Ambot ni Pamela."

"I DON'T KNOW."

"Basig nakahalata na na sila ba kay nahilom ra ug kalit ang gc."

"I'M WORRIED THEY'LL START NOTICING. LIKE, THE GC'S GONE SILENT ALL FOR NO REASON."

Mariz sighs. "Anyway, tara na? Naghulat na si Pam-pam."

"ANYWAY, LET'S GO? PAM-PAM IS WAITING."

Maya nods. She turns to Noel and puts her hand on his shoulder. "Lakaw sa ko babe. Ugma ha?"

"GOTTA GO. SEE YOU TOMORROW, OKAY?"

Noel nods; lips pursed. "Asa mo?"

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

"Erm..." Maya looks to Mariz, confused on how to explain.

"Tabangan namo si Pamela nga ma-virginan," she says.

"WE'RE HELPING PAMELA LOSE HER VIRGINITY."

Noel thinks he understand for a moment but then realizes he's just confused. He looks at Maya, waiting for her to elaborate.

The two girls just laugh.