Lunes 9:48AM

MARCH 6, 2023・MONDAY・9:48

MARCH 6, 2023MONDAY9:48

Maya is anxiously staring at the Guidance Office sign on the door. She bites her lower lip and looks around her.

A guy and girl pass by her and whisper amongst themselves.

Maya closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She clenches her jaw as she reaches for the doorknob.

Suddenly the door opens, which makes her jump.

She takes a step back as someone walks out the door.

It's JR.

"Uy," JR says, a bit surprised. "Hi Maya." He smiles.

"OH."

"HI MAYA."

"Hi."

He stares at her for awkwardly for awhile, trying to think of something to say. "Kumusta na? Long time no see."

"HOW ARE YOU? LONG TIME NO SEE."

"Erm..." Maya shrugs.

JR shakes his head. Embarrassed. "Of course dili ka okay. Sorry. Unfair lang man gud kaayo Maya nga ginapagtsismisan ka sa mga tao."

"OF COURSE, YOU'RE NOT OKAY. SORRY. IT'S JUST SO UNFAIRE THAT PEOPLE ARE GOSSIPING ABOUT YOU."

She half smiles. "Nag-unsa ka's Guidance?"

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THERE?"

"Para sa among research. Giinterview nako si Ma'am Zamora. About student mental health man gud amoang topic. Ikaw? Nag-unsa man ka dinhe?"

"IT'S FOR OUR RESEARCH PAPER. I INTERVIEWED MA'AM ZAMORA. OUR TOPIC IS ABOUT STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH. AND YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Wala ko kabalo. Giingnan raman kog kalit ganiha sa among advisor nga muadto daw ko dinhe pag-recess."

"I DON'T KNOW. OUR ADVISOR JUST TOLD ME, ALL OF A SUDDEN, EARLIER TO GO TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE FOR RECESS."

JR nods.

"Pero..." Maya swallows. "Murag kabalo nako kung ngano."

"BUT..."

"I THINK I KNOW WHY."

They share knowing glances at each other.

"Musulod na siguro ko, JR," she says, looking at the door.

"I THINK I NEED TO GO NOW INSIDE, JR."

He steps aside sheepishly. "Ako pud. Naa pa ko'y...erm...activity nga tiwason."

"YEAH. I NEED TO GO NOW AS WELL. I STILL HAVE...ERM...AN ACTIVITY TO FINISH."