Hwebes 4:09PM

JANUARY 26, 2023・THURSDAY・16:09

JANUARY 26, 2023THURSDAY16:09

Hamza, Mariz, Gabbie and Pamela are all dressed up and are walking along Gab's neighborhood street, chatting and laughing amongst themselves

Hamza, Mariz, Gabbie and Pamela are all dressed up and are walking along Gab's neighborhood street, chatting and laughing amongst themselves. Suddenly someone calls them from the back. They turn and see Maya also fully dressed up. They all look surprised.

Maya catches up to them.

Mariz puts her arm around her waist and gives her a reassuring smile. Maya smiles back at her, and for a moment, tenderly leans her head on her shoulder.

They continue to make their way to Gab's house, excitedly talking to each other. Gabbie, carrying the cake, almost slips on the still-wet street. Lucky for her, Pamela is there to grab onto for support, which she isn't too happy about, as the cake almost slipped out of her hands.

They arrive in front of Gab's house.

Pamela braces herself and rings the doorbell.

They wait for a few seconds. Nothing. The girls all look at each other.

The huge white house towers above them. From a window they can see some people inside. They can even hear music playing.

Mariz looks at Maya. "Okay na ka?"

"YOU OKAY?"

"Erm..." She hesitates. "Oo. Naglain lang akong lawas."

"YEAH..."

"I JUST WASN'T FEELING WELL."

Mariz nods. "Ana baya si Ma'am Divine nga dili na daw niya iparetake ang absent."

"YEAH, WELL MA'AM DIVINE SAID THAT SHE'LL NO LONGER LET THE ABSENT PEOPLE RETAKE."

Maya shrugs. "Nakapasar ka?"

"DID YOU PASS THIS TIME?"

"Wala gihapon." She laughs.

"NOPE."

Maya halfheartedly smiles.

"Sure ka okay naka?"

"YOU SURE YOU'RE OKAY NOW?"