Myerkoles 3:35PM

APRIL 12, 2023・WEDNESDAY・15:35

JR finishes counting the shirts and puts them all inside a blue translucent plastic bag. He writes down the number on the blue logbook and puts it on the table beside him. He scans the room and realizes that he's all alone.

It's quiet, except for the electric hum of the aircon and the distant chatter of his uncle with his clients at the back office.

With an exhale, he carefully puts the shirts inside a large translucent plastic bag and puts them inside a box. He then carries it and walks towards the entrance.

The backdoor opens, which makes JR jump a little.

He turns around and sees his uncle peeking through the small opening.

"Doy, kumusta doy?" he asks.

"DOY, HOW'S IT GOING?"

"Okay lang, kol. Humana na ko ug ihap sa mga katong ideliveray nga mga t-shirt."

"IT'S OKAY, KOL. I JUST FINISHED COUNTING THE SHIRTS FOR DELIVERY."

"Okay, doy. Salamat. Nag-snacks na ka? Pahuway sa." He opens the door even wider.

"OKAY, DOY. THANK YOU. HAVE YOU HAD A BREAK YET? TAKE A BREAK."

"Sige, kol."

"OKAY, KOL."

"Dira lang na ibutang sa may purtahan."

"JUST PUT THAT BY THE DOOR."

JR nods and puts down the box by the door.

His uncle smiles at him. "Hayahay sa ka karon, doy, kay dili pa man kaayo ta busy. Wala na lang sa pud nako paadtoa ang mga tig-design kay wala ma'y matrabaho."

"YOU'RE VERY LUCKY TODAY. WE'RE NOT THAT BUSY. ACTUALLY, THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T HAVE THE DESIGNERS REPORT BECAUSE THEY'VE ALREADY FINISHED ALL THEIR WORK AND THERE ARE NO NEW ORDERS COMING IN."

"Okay kol."

"Pag-snack sa. Naa ka'y kwarta pang snacks?"

"GO AND GRAB A SNACK. DO YOU HAVE MONEY?"

"Oo, kol."

"YES, KOL."

"Sige." With a nod, his uncle closes the door.

"OKAY."

JR finds a chair and sits down. He takes out his phone and scrolls through the notifications he's received while working.

There's a text from Angelo.

He opens it.