Martes 7:19PM

FEBRUARY 7, 2023・TUESDAY・19:19

FEBRUARY 7, 2023TUESDAY19:19

Maya is busy studying in her bedroom. The room is a complete mess. Some art supplies are scattered on the floor. Her notes and textbooks almost occupy the whole of her bed, except for the area she's sitting on. She flips the book to another page. She skims through a chapter about the food chain; cross-checking it along with her notes.

Suddenly, her phone beeps.

She stares at it for a bit, thinking whether she should check her it or not.

The phone is strategically placed a few feet away from her, on the bedside table.

She bites her lip and shakes her head. She ignores it and continues to read her textbook.

It beeps again.

She underlines the word 'ecosystem' on her book.

The phone beeps again.

She reads on. She underlines the word 'biosphere' on her textbook and writes it down on her notes. She mouths the word to herself. "Biosphere...biosphere..." she says under her breath over and over again.

Her phone beeps again.

She lets out a frustrated sigh and puts down her pen. She looks at her phone again and contemplates whether she should check it or not. She sighs. "Okay. 5 minutes." She carefully sets her books and notes aside, to avoid getting them crumpled. She reaches for her phone and unlocks it. She checks where the notifications are from.

They're from Instagram.

Before going to the app, she goes to the clock app first and sets a countdown timer for 5 minutes. She presses start and exits the app. She then goes to Instagram.

Sure enough, 5 pink hearts pop up on top of the notification icon. She taps it.

They're all notifications from the yourbfischeatingon_u account liking photos of her Noel.

A wave of annoyance and confusion suddenly rush through her. She goes to yourbfischeatingon_u's profile. She taps on the three dots on top and a menu pops up. She stares at the Block option for a second. But she decides against it and presses Cancel instead.

She goes to messenger and types a message to Noel.