~VI~

Zenitsu heard an alarm go off and was half awake, he moved his hand unconsciously to touch Uzui but found emptiness. He woke up and looked around realizing he was still at the dorm. His expression was disappointed and sad, he took his phone from the nightstand to see 2 notifications.

Uzui

(Uzui) Hey love, good morning
(Uzui) Love? Did you eat already? Are you ok?

Zenitsu chuckled at the text message and started typing

(Zenitsu) I'm fine, I just got up and I'm about to eat

A quick reply appeared and Zenitsu smiled.

(Uzui) I'm glad you're ok, remember you need to come get your things
(Zenitsu) Yeah ik, I'll be there once I'm ready. The dorm isn't far from your house so I should be fine walking
(Uzui) Ok, if you need me to pick you up close to the dorm I'll get you so just let me know
(Zenitsu) I'm sure I'll be fine, I have to get ready so I'll see you at school
(Uzui) Ok be safe, I love you
(Zenitsu) You too, I love you too

Zenitsu was smiling unconsciously and Tanjiro looked at him.

"Who's that?"

Zenitsu was startled by Tanjiro speaking so suddenly, "No one"

"If you say so, come on I made some breakfast"

"Actually, I need to go somewhere early so I can't eat. But I'll catch you guys at school"

Zenitsu got up to get dressed and left the room. Tanjiro looked confused but since he just got back to talking to Zenitsu he didn't want to make things awkward between them by asking him things. Zenitsu came out of the room after a few minutes and waved goodbye to Tanjiro and Inosuke. He started walking and after about 15 minutes he was in front of  Uzui's house. Zenitsu knocked on the door and Uzui opened it.

"I could've gone and picked you up"

"It's fine, now let me get my stuff and eat something so we can leave. We still got a couple of minutes before the school doors even open so"

Uzui let Zenitsu in and Zenitsu went straight to the kitchen.

"I made you some breakfast, I knew you weren't going to eat there so. It's in the microwave"

After Zenitsu ate he got his stuff and they left to go to school. Uzui would drop off Zenitsu close to the school but not at the front entrance so they wouldn't get caught. Zenitsu met up with Tanjiro and Inosuke and they waited around until it was time to go to class.

~Timeskip to lunch~

Zenitsu left Uzui's class with Tanjiro and Inosuke and they went to sit down. They all took their lunch out and started eating. They were talking and then Zenitsu realized he had to talk to Shinobu about something.

"I'll be back guys" Zenitsu said as he ran off

"There he goes" Inosuke said

"Yep" Tanjiro added

Zenitsu slowed down so he wouldn't bump into anyone. As he walked around the corner he saw Uzui and a student running. The student bumped into Uzui and there were papers, folders, and books everywhere.

"I'm really sorry Professor Uzui" the student bowed

"It's alright" Uzui said

They started picking everything up while Zenitsu looked worried. The girl looked at Uzui the same way Zenitsu looks at him. Uzui just smiled.