~XVII~

They roamed around the school while talking, waiting for their first period to start. Zenitsu was nervous for today. It was the 22nd, and the event was after school.

"Are you excited?" Tanjiro asked Zenitsu

"For what?" Zenitsu asked

"The event"

"Not really, I have to dress like a girl, and they're thinking of making me wear a wig"

"Oh" Tanjiro didn't really know what to say

"Zenitsu!!" Kanao yelled

"Huh?" Zenitsu looked in the direction he heard his name from to see Kanao running

"You need to be practicing with us. We were all wondering where you were! Come on!"

Kanao pulled him and started dragging him. Zenitsu waved goodbye to his friends as he got dragged away.

"I found him!" Kanao exclaimed

"Thank god!" Aoi said

"Why am I here?"

"We're practicing the dance, and one of the girls got sick, so she won't be here. You need to cover for her, so we got you this wig for you to put on. And we also have to teach you the dance before we go. We have all day and we have a pass so we won't get in any trouble."

"Wait, wait, why do I have to cover for her?"

"Well, out of all the guys... your body looks more feminine. You know, since you're skinny and your lower body looks..." Kanao didn't finish her sentence and looked away

Zenitsu looked at the girls, who were all avoiding looking at Zenitsu.

"Why does the wig actually look like my hair?"

"It was actually custom made. It was also last minute so there wasn't a lot of detail."

Zenitsu sighed but smiled at the thought of them making it for him, "Let's just get this over with"

The girls gave Zenitsu his clothes and the wig. Zenitsu went to the dressing room and got changed.

"Um, I don't know how to put this on..." Zenitsu walked out of the dressing room with the wig in his hand.

Aoi patted a chair and signaled him to sit down. Zenitsu sat down and waited.

"Ow ow, that's my actual hair"

"Oops, sorry. I'm almost done"

Aoi finished putting the wig on and gave Zenitsu a mirror.

"What do you think?" She asked with a smile

"I-" Zenitsu couldn't form the words. He stared at himself in disbelief, "I actually look like a girl. I'm kind of considering growing my hair"

Aoi let out a soft laugh, "Come, we have to show you her part of the dance"

"Ok" Zenitsu stood up with a smile, actually happy with the way he looked

-After teaching Zenitsu everything-
(It took a long time)

Zenitsu was out of breath. He was taking a break, and his legs were killing him.

"Is that all?" Zenitsu asked

"It should be if they taught you everything" Shinobu came in and grabbed everyone's attention

"Mrs. Shinobu" Kanao smiled, "We did teach him everything, I think he's ready"

"That's good. It's already lunch so go eat something. And help Zenitsu with the wig"

Aoi helped him take it off. They dressed back in their normal clothes and left to eat. Zenitsu finished changing and started looking for Inosuke and Tanjiro.