~XXI~

Zenitsu didn't go to sleep. But when Uzui did, he stood up to wash himself. He felt gross, so he turned on the water and got in the shower. After he cleaned himself and changed clothes, he went downstairs.

He went to the couch to look for his phone. Zenitsu grabbed his phone from the couch and turned it on. He saw a couple of missed calls from Inosuke and decided to call him back. It rang for about 5 seconds before Inosuke picked up. Zenitsu didn’t say anything, expecting to get yelled at for not answering the previous calls, but it was silent. Inosuke was breathing heavily, and Zenitsu could tell something was wrong from Inosuke’s shaky breath.

“Inosuke?” Zenitsu called, wondering what was wrong, “Is everything ok? What's going on?”

“Can I… Can I go where you are right now?”

“I-” Zenitsu paused, “How urgent is this? It's late and it’s raining, are you gonna drive?”

“Very. I need to talk to you. Please” Inosuke ignored the last question because he was gonna walk there.

Something was wrong. Something was very much wrong. Inosuke didn’t say please often, more like at all.

Zenitsu sighed, “Let me ask Tengen”

“Just do it quickly” Inosuke said

“Hold on a second.”

Zenitsu left his phone on the couch and walked upstairs. He walked up to the bed and shook Uzui to wake him up. Once Uzui woke up, he wrapped his hands around Zenitsu’s waist.

“Hey Zen” Uzui left a few kisses on Zenitsu’s neck, and Zenitsu pulled away from him. Uzui noticed Zenitsu’s expression and sat up. He knew something was going on. “What is it?”

“I haven’t even said anything”

“I know that look. Something’s going on. So what is it.”

“Something happened with Inosuke, and he’s wondering-”

“If he could come over” Uzui interrupted and sighed, “Just not more than 2 days”

Zenitsu gave Uzui a kiss. “I promise to tell him what not to do”

Uzui smiled and stood up to go shower. “Tell him not to mess anything up”

“Yeah yeah.” Zenitsu went back downstairs and picked up his phone. “I’ll text you the location”

“Thanks”

Zenitsu sent the location to Inosuke and spoke again. “Do you want me to stay on the call?”

“Yes, I’m only 10 minutes away.”

“Ok. I’ll be waiting.”

They fell silent, but Inosuke’s breathing was still uneven. He would take long breaths and then short ones. Zenitsu thought he might have been crying but about what. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Zenitsu walked over to it and opened the door. Inosuke was drenched. He was looking down.

"Come in" Zenitsu said

Inosuke took his shoes off and went inside.

"Why don't you go shower, and then we can talk? I don't want you to catch a cold"

"It's fine. I don't want to bother you so much" Inosuke forced a slime, and Zenitsu could see right through it.

"Come on, you will take a shower" Zenitsu dragged Inosuke to the upstairs guest room that had a bathroom. "I'll get you some clothes and put them on the bed. Come downstairs when you're done"