~VIII~

Zenitsu woke up to an empty bed. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. When he opened them he saw Uzui standing beside the bed holding a tray. Uzui smiled and set the tray on the bed.

"Good morning," Uzui said, "I made you some breakfast"

"Oh thanks, good morning to you too" Zenitsu smiled

Zenitsu realized he had school.

"You still have time to get ready if that's what you're worried about" Uzui spoke

"How? It's late"

"It's only 7," Uzui said, "I was going to wake you up right now anyways"

"When did you wake up then?"

"At about 4 in the morning"

"Why?"

"I wanted to make you breakfast and get your lunch ready"

"Baby"

Uzui just smiled, "Eat up or we're going to be late for real"

Zenitsu chuckled and started eating. After he was done he stood up from the bed and took the tray downstairs. He was struggling because his thighs were killing him. Zenitsu put the tray away and went upstairs to get ready. When he came back downstairs Uzui was waiting for him. Uzui extended his hand and Zenitsu grabbed it and intertwined their fingers with a smile on his face. They got to school and they parted ways. Uzui went to his classroom and Zenitsu started walking around since he didn't want to make Tanjiro uncomfortable. Zenitsu got tired so he went to sit down somewhere. After a few minutes, Tanjiro touched Zenitsu's shoulder and smiled.

"Hey Tanjiro" Zenitsu awkwardly smiled

"Hey, you didn't come to school yesterday and we didn't know where you went," Tanjiro said. "Why did you leave like that?"

"No reason" Zenitsu lied

"WATCH IT, KID!" they heard Inosuke yelled

Tanjiro turned around and looked at Inosuke, which gave Zenitsu the perfect chance to run away. He took his things, stood up quickly, and ran off. He hid behind something just so Tanjiro wouldn't see him running.

"Anyways so why-" Tanjiro stopped talking once he turned around and noticed Zenitsu was gone, he looked around but didn't see him.

"Where did he go? He was just here" Tanjiro whispered to himself

"I thought you were gonna talk to Monitsu, I don't see him" Inosuke said

"He was just here but I turned around and then he was gone" Tanjiro explained

"Maybe we can catch him at lunch. We have to get to class now"

As Tanjiro and Inosuke walked into Uzui's classroom, they noticed that Zenitsu was already sitting in his seat.

'That's strange he hates coming to class early' Tanjiro thought

"Ok, since I was not here yesterday this is your last day to finish the assignment you've been working on throughout the week. If you have any questions I'll be at my desk or call me. Everyone can get to work now." Uzui said as he sat down

Zenitsu stood up and walked to the next that was next to Uzui. He grabbed the painting he was working on and started working on it, looking at Uzui from time to time. He had to add a few more details to the painting but he only had 5 minutes left in class.

"Ok class, start packing your stuff to get ready to go to your next class. Make sure you clean everything you used and do not leave a mess at your desks" Uzui sat back down and looked at Zenitsu. Uzui walked toward Zenitsu and talked in a low voice