~XXVII~

Zenitsu teared up as soon as the door closed. Tanjiro and Inosuke ran to comfort him. He cried and sobbed until he fell asleep. He didn't have energy after crying for so long but he was sure to be dehydrated. Inosuke carried Zenitsu to the couch, they were just going to wait until he woke up, they were sure Zenitsu would want to talk about it. When Zenitsu woke up it was pretty late, he still didn't have energy, he was exhausted, his face felt sore, his eyes were red and puffy, and he looked like a mess. Tanjiro handed Zenitsu a cup of water and Zenitsu slowly took it and drank from it.

"Are you feeling better now?" Tanjiro asked with a smile

"Yea, thanks. Sorry, I must've been a pain and I'm a mess"

"We're going to be here for you!" Inosuke yelled and then got red

Zenitsu managed to chuckle softly. "You guys really are the best."

"Zenitsu, we're here if you want to talk, we know changing from over there to here is overwhelming and you'll probably miss Uzui a lot so we want to help in any way we can"

Zenitsu cried out of happiness, he was smiling, a little weakly but Tanjiro smiled too. "Thanks. It's just that I got used to living with him so I know it'll be a little hard for me to adjust. Plus," Zenitsu sighed, "If Mrs. Kocho keeps acting like this; it'll be dangerous for us to see each other. I just hope things work out" Zenitsu set the empty cup down on the table.

"I'm sure it'll go fine, just two more weeks and you'll be able to do whatever freely, except commit crimes. Anyways, everything will work out and you'll be back to living with him in no time!"

Zenitsu chuckled and hugged Tanjjro. He moved his hand for Inosuke to join so he did. "Thank you, guys"

-With Uzui-

Uzui tried to distract himself by grading paperwork. But he couldn't stop thinking about Zenitsu. He stood up and started throwing stuff while screaming. He smashed glass, threw lamps across the rooms, he made the whole place a mess. He was breathing heavily, he was seeing blurry. He punched the wall, breaking it. He hated this feeling, pure anger but also frustration and sadness. He didn't want to be apart from Zenitsu for so long but they had to work on it. He wanted Zenitsu to be safe, he didn't care what happened to him. He dropped to his knees, tears rolling down his cheeks as he clenched his shirt tightly. He sat there for a while, just resting his head on the wall as he cried. When he was done crying he stood up, he sighed, he made a mess and now had to clean it up. He went to his room instead, he could clean it later anyways. His room was the only room that wasn't so messed up, just a few papers around the floor and some glass from the lamps he threw. He picked everything up and graded a couple of papers before putting them away too. He laid in bed, only thinking about Zenitsu, if he was ok, how he was doing, if he had eaten, etc.

When night came Uzui and Zenitsu couldn’t sleep, the whole situation and being away from each other was the only thing they could think about. Zenitsu stood up from his bed and made his way to the living room. He looked at his phone and called Uzui. Uzui picked up quickly.

“Hey, baby. Why are you awake? Are you ok? Did you eat? How are you doing?” Uzui said, and Zenitsu smiled.

“Hey, my love, I can’t sleep. Why are you awake? And why so many questions?” Zenitsu chuckled and Uzui smiled at the sound of Zenitsu’s voice.

"I couldn't sleep either, I was just a bit worried." Zenitsu laughed quietly.

"I'm fine. I did eat, the whole situation of changing where I live is a little overwhelming. I miss you so much"

"I miss you too, Sunshine. I wish it didn't get to this point, you'd be here with me if that was the case. I'm just happy to hear your voice and know you're ok"