~XXII~

This is an InoTan part, but there will be UzuZen parts, too.

"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere" Inosuke made his way to his room but was quickly blocked

"Inosuke, let's talk" 

"There's nothing to talk about," Inosuke said, taking a step back, "You rejected me even after telling me how much you liked me. You and I are not meant to be. If our relationship is going to be like this, we might as well not even start dating"

"Inosuke, I'm scared to be in a relationship. I do like you. A lot. "

"I think it's best if we get some space from each other. Think about what you really want and if you want to date me. Because it's really easy to say that you like someone. I'm not trying to rush, but I do want you to make up your mind"

Inosuke pushed past Tanjiro and went inside his room. Tanjiro didn't know what to say. He stood there frozen. Inosuke was breathing heavily once he got in the room. He couldn't believe that he did that, but it was for the best. He was tired of Tanjiro saying that he likes him and wants to date him for Tanjiro to just reject him.

Inosuke stayed in his room and ignored the door every time Tanjiro knocked on it and said something. He was getting kind of tired from Tanjiro coming to knock on the door every few minutes. Inosuke got up and opened the door and looked at Tanjiro, annoyed.

"What do you want?" Inosuke was irritated at Tanjiro for being so annoying

"Let's talk," Tanjiro started, "I know I said I needed time, but -"

"But now that I'm not after you, you decided that you're ready?"

"No, it's not that" Tanjiro didn't really know exactly what he wanted, but one of the things he was sure of was that he did like Inosuke, "I just don't know if I'm ready for the commitment, I do like you, a lot. But I'm... insecure, I guess"

"I can't, I can't do this. I like you, Tanjiro, actually I really love you. But I can't do this, this yes I like you to no I don't want to date you. I can't. Once you get whatever this is together, we can talk about dating. I'll wait, I really will, but I'm not going to do anything an actual couple would until you figure everything out."

Tanjiro was speechless, and Inosuke closed the door slowly. Tanjiro stood in front of the door, not knowing what to do. Inosuke stayed behind the door and rested his forehead on the door. After a few minutes, Inosuke took a few steps back and went back to his bed. Tanjiro went to his room.

They hadn't talked for the whole day. When they left their room, they made sure the other wasn't around.

-Monday-

Inosuke woke up earlier than usual to get ready for school. He got in the shower, and after he finished, he did his hair and got dressed. He left the apartment/dorm and started to go to school. He got to school pretty early but was kind of happy that he didn't have to see Tanjiro in the morning.

When the doors to the school opened, he went to sit down away from where he usually sat. A few minutes ago, Zenitsu showed up and sat next to him. 

"Something wrong?"

"I told Tanjiro I needed some space. I can't keep going back and forth"

"Well, tell me if you need anything, I'm sure he'll figure it out and talk to you."

Zenitsu and Inosuke kept talking the whole morning. Inosuke kind of opened up a little, knowing that Zenitsu could help him a little since he was in a relationship. They knew Tanjiro might have felt bad because he was alone, but he needed this time to think about what he was going to do.