~XIX~

Zenitsu had already told Uzui where he was going, and he offered to give Zenitsu a ride there so he wouldn't have to walk.

"Come on" Zenitsu said, standing up

"Ok" Uzui stood up and went to get the car keys

Uzui left first to turn the car on while Zenitsu put his shoes on. Zenitsu walked out and closed the door behind him. He walked to the car, opened the door, got inside, and closed the door. They didn't talk. They just stayed in comfortable silence. They got to the place, and Uzui parked. He turned to Zenitsu and then spoke.

"Be careful, and call me if anything happens. I'll stay here to pick you up."

Zenitsu smiled at Uzui and gave him a kiss. "I will, don't worry" He opened the door and stepped out.

"I love you, be safe" Uzui said

"I love you too, I will be" Zenitsu closed the door and started walking to the park. He saw Inosuke sitting on a bench and waved. He sat next to him when he reached the bench.

"So..." Zenitsu didn't really know how to start the conversation, "What do you need to talk to me about? You normally would talk to-"

"Tanjiro, yeah, I know" Inosuke sighed, "I don't know how to ask him out"

Zenitsu stayed quiet for a second before speaking, "Neither does he." There was a pause, "You guys are overthinking of the many ways you can get rejected. If you guys already kissed and almost fucked then I don't see how asking him out is the problem" Zenitsu shrugged when he finished speaking

"What if he felt forced to?"

"Tanjiro is very assertive and speaks about what be wants. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't have let you do it," Zenitsu looked at Inosuke, "Don't think too much about it. You like him, and he likes you, so go for it"

"I just - I don't know" Inosuke knew that Zenitsu was probably right. He sighed and spoke again, "I'll do it, if it doesn't go well, I'll tell you"

"Good, tell me if he says yes. Which ge will but" Zenitsu stood up and Inosuke grabbed his wrist slightly

"Thanks" He whispered, Inosuke was kind of scared of Zenitsu making fun of him for thanking him, but Zenitsu just smiled

"That's what friends are for, to help each other" Inosuke let go of Zenitsu's wrist, and Zenitsu left

He got to Uzui's car and closed the door after he got in.

"How'd it go?" Uzui asked, putting the car on reverse

"Ok, I would say. Nothing shocking"

"Hmm, ok"

Uzui started driving, but not to the house.

"Um, where are we going?"

"Since we're out, I just decided to take you somewhere"

"That doesn't answer my question"

"Oh well, I can't tell you, it's a surprise"

"Ok, whatever you say"

-

They arrived at a new cafe that had opened up. Zenitsu recognized it. He had started talking about it before it even opened.

"We've arrived at our destination"

Zenitsu looked at Uzui with a huge grin on his face and his eyes wide open sparkling. Uzui chuckled at Zenitsu's excitement.

"Come on!" Zenitsu got out of the car and jumped excitedly. Uzui followed closed behind. He locked the car and opened the door for Zenitsu to enter the building.