~XVI~

Tanjiro and Inosuke stayed on the couch for a while. Inosuke was very apologetic for stopping, and Tanjiro reassured that he was fine and to stop apologizing.

"I'm sorry"

"I've told you so many times now to stop apologizing. It's fine"

"But you were so excited"

"Yeah, well, I'm not going to force you to do something you don't want. Let's just stay like this. We'll get to that point at the right time" Tanjiro snuggled closer to Inosuke.

Inosuke still felt guilty, but he hugged Tanjiro as he snuggled in. Inosuke didn't say anything else. Tanjiro closed his eyes and sighed.

"Stop overthinking"

Inosuke looked away, "I'm not"

"So you're lying now?"

"I-" Inosuke stopped

Tanjiro chuckled and lifted his head to look at Inosuke.

"Hey," Tanjiro made Inosuke look at him, "Stop overthinking what happened. It's really fine, so stop beating yourself up"

Tanjiro gave Inosuke a small kiss on his forehead and stood up.

"I'm gonna go make something to eat. I'm starving"

Inosuke looked at Tanjiro as he walked away. The place was small, yet Tanjiro looked so far away. Inosuke knew that what the other was saying was true. But what were they? Were they friends with benefits? Boyfriends? He was confused. He stood up and walked towards Tanjiro. He got closer to him but didn't stop walking until Tanjiro's back hit the wall.

"What are we?"

Tanjiro looked at Inosuke, confused, "What?"

"What are we? Are we friends, boyfriends, friends with benefits? What?"

Tanjiro was silent for a moment, looking at Inosuke's eyes. He felt his face heat up and looked away. Why was he looking at him so fiercely?

Inosuke moved his hand under Tanjiro's chin and made him look back at him.

"Answer the question"

"I don't - I don't know" Tanjiro was trying to get away from Inosuke's grip. But he was trapped against the wall, so he couldn't really do much.

"So you don't know what we are. Does that mean you don't know why you were trying to seduce me on the couch a moment ago?"

"I- Don't phrase it like that"

"Be honest then"

"I thought we said we were working on it"

"On what?"

"Well, on dating..."

"Mm" Inosuke hummed at the response and smiled. He let go of Tanjiro's chin and backed away. Tanjiro's face was red, and he looked away as soon as Inosuke let go of his chin.

"That was all?" Tanjiro asked, not looking at Inosuke

"Yes, we'll be dating in no time" Inosuke said and walked back to the couch

Tanjiro stared as he watched Inosuke sit back down. Inosuke looked his way, and he turned around to prepare the food. He could feel Inosuke's eyes piercing holes in his back, but he didn't dare to turn around to look at them.