[ 000 ] the birth of a star

CHAPTER ZERO
❛ the birth of a star ❜

CHAPTER ZERO❛ the birth of a star ❜

────────────────────────

Princess Rhaenyra went to her labors on a beautiful night. Many who recalled the day could remember how the stars shined that night. 

Outside Rhaenyra's chambers, the King felt the lingering fear of what happened to his first late wife Queen Aemma Arrryn. After having a stillborn and miscarriages he feared losing his daughter. 

Her screams echoed through the castle halls for hours on end. 

Queen Alicent was bitter as ever about the ordeal of the Princess giving birth to another bastard. It was no secret that Laenor Velaryon had a specific choice when it came to his lovers. 

Another cry sounded high-pitched and desperate.

Rhaenyra wanted this all to be over. She blamed him for this. A loud cry escaped her throat. 

"Another push Princess!" one of her midwives called between her legs. 

"I am pushing you dumb cunt!" 

"I can see the head! One more push, Princess!"

Laenor kissed her hand despite the death grip the Princess gave him, he refused to pull away. "You can do it Rhaenyra, I know you can. Our child is almost here."

Her body trembles as she finds herself slumped back against Leanor who whispered words of encouragement. As much as she loved her husband platonically, her mind wandered to the true father of her babe.

Oh, how she wished he was here. He deserved to be in here just like Leanor was, holding her hand in support and defying the tradition of men not being present at birth.

"Ahhhh!" Rhaenyra sat up and used whatever strength she had left. When she finally collapsed against Laenor there was a few seconds of silence making Rhaenyra panic.

It was the cries that pierced the air that made both parents sigh in relief. 

"A girl!"

A girl?

A girl. Rhaenyra thought before propping herself and outstretching her arms. "Give her to me," her voice demanded. 

The Midwife who had attempted to clean up as much blood on the baby handed her to Rhaenyra. The Princess didn't care in the slightest. 

Her daughter fit perfectly into her arms. Oh, she was perfect The way she let out a cry was one of a dragon. A true Targaryen indeed. 

"She's beautiful. My beautiful girl." she cries and the midwives even found themselves tearing up at the moment between the mother and daughter.