[ 014 ] history remembers names

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
❛ history remembers names ❜

CHAPTER FOURTEEN❛ history remembers names ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ location, dragonstone  *˖ ✶ʾʾ

"I DO NOT WISH FOR YOU TO GO," 

Rhaena holds her sister's hand like it was her lifeline. This was her twin, and she was being torn away from her because of the consequences of her father and stepmother. 

She may understand why her father had chosen to remarry because of the Greens, as he likes to call them. However, she may never forgive him for separating her twin.

"We will communicate through letters." Baela brushed her tear-stained cheeks, "Won't that be fun?"

Baela's other hand intertwined with Alyssa who smiled sadly at her, her eyes were red, and blinked back the tears that threatened to fall, "Have a safe flight, sister. Make sure to write at least before you go to bed. I'm sure Grandmother and Grandfather will be thrilled to see you. Grandfather Corlys especially." 

It has been declared that Corlys Velaryon will be going to war at the stepstones when a small portion of the Triarchy somehow partially regained control of the Stepstones with the help of the Dornish House Martell. It was clear that Westeros and Essos were fighting about control of who dominated the Narrow Seas. 

Alyssa could remember the days her Grandfather Corlys would place her on his lap and retell the stories of his adventures and war when she was a baby when Laenor and Rhaenyra traveled to Driftmark to introduce her. When she was a bit older Corlys and Alyssa would sit by the fireplace after supper and talk about the seas and ships. 

Rhaenys would scold him for telling such a little girl of blood and gore but Alyssa admired Corlys and wished to one day navigate through the seas and explore beyond the maps. Most of all, she also wished to be like Visenya and wield a blade and fight in battle someday. She was a secondborn of Rhaenyra, and despite being now legitimate, she would inherit nothing.