[ 017 ] fight for driftwood throne

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
❛ fight for driftwood throne ❜

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN❛ fight for driftwood throne ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ location, kingslanding *˖ ✶ʾʾ

"GRANDSIRE?"

The room was dark with only the slightest amount of light in the room coming from the windows. Alyssa stepped forward and felt goosebumps rise on the back of her neck at the sight of her grandsire. he barely looked alive, and resembled a corpse. It broke her heart to see him like this. 

"Who goes there?" Viserys asked, his voice dry like he hadn't had a sip of water in days. 

"It's me, my King...grandsire...Alyssa." Alyssa said softly. 

"Oh," Viserys exhaled and held a small smile, "My only granddaughter." 

Alyssa blinked back the tears and sat down on his bed, "I've missed you,"

"I missed you too, sweet girl. You've grown up beautifully like your mother," 

Alyssa held his fragile hand, "I thought I'd read to you like old times." 

"I would like that very much dear. But instead of reading stories, why don't you tell me about your stories on the Stepstones? My heart nearly gave out when I received the letter from your mother. Has Ser Killian been kind to you?" 

A pleasant grin spread her lips at the thought of her shield. "He's kind to me, and he was there for me. The Stepstones is something I clearly underestimated...there were times when I wanted to give up,"

"But you didn't," 

"But I didn't," Alyssa repeated knowingly, "I don't like to quit,"

Viserys coughed out a laugh, "Much like your grandmothers..."

The Princess's eyes widen but Viserys stared at her knowingly. He wasn't foolish to notice the resemblance between his brother and his daughter. The man carried loads of regrets such as not marrying Daemon and Rhaenyra.