[ 003 ] joffrey velaryon a brave knight he'll be

CHAPTER THREE
❛ joffrey velaryon a brave knight he'll be ❜

CHAPTER THREE❛ joffrey velaryon a brave knight he'll be ❜

────────────────────────

In their living quarters, Alyssa had arrived to deliver the news to her brothers. Ser Harwin was present in the room watching over them.

"Princess Alyssa." Ser Harwin stood up from his spot. 

"Ser Harwin," Alyssa grinned and practically ran forward to hug the man. In private she was allowed to show her likeness toward her mother's shield. In the eyes of the court and the public, she had to act distant. 

She wasn't naive to the whispers. Jace and Luke weren't aware of it, but like her mother, she seemed to pick up things.

Harwin grinned and twirled her around like he always did ever since she could walk. 

"Sister!" 

Luke was the next to collide into her arms. He let out a happy giggle as Alyssa ran her fingers through his messy curls.

"How is mother?"  Jace asked. "Is she alright?"

"She's fine, along with our brother." Alyssa folded her arms and sighed, "I was hoping for another girl in this family. But another little brother isn't so bad. I mean look at Luke. He's practically an angel," 

Luke practically beamed at the comment. "I love you."

It was clear that Alyssa had a favorite.

"She loves me more!" said Luke wearing a smug grin as Jace scoffed. "Trust me, he acts like a tyrant when you aren't around," 

Alyssa rolled her eyes and brought Jace into a side hug, easing the jealousy on his face. The two brothers adored their sister.

Harwin watched amused at the scene and his heart warmed at the sight of his children. The innocent and lively children that he cannot publically call his own. Even if Alyssa wasn't his blood, he watched her grow up and looked after her as if she was his own. 

The doors of the apartment opened to reveal Rhaenyra and Laenor walking in and Ser Harwin stood up. 

Jace smiled and stood up when he noticed his mother. "Mother . . . look." 

He and Luke ran up to her and showed her the dragon egg. "We chose an egg for the baby," Luke said proudly.

Rhaenyra winced slightly making Alyssa grab some pillows and place them so her mother would rest comfortably. 

"That looks like the perfect one." Rhaenyra agreed with a smile, wincing through the pain, and took Harwin's arm who assisted her on the couch. 

"I let Luke choose." 

"Thank you, Jace." 

This time Ser Harwin spoke up after a moment, "Not every day an egg leaves the Dragonpit, Princess. I thought it best to escort the lads. Laenor and I thank you, Commander." 

his eyes fell on the bundle of joy in Laenor's arms. "Another boy, I heard."

Rhaenyra's eyes softened when she looked at him and nodded. 

"What a fine knight you are going to make, eh? Let us hope you are a troublemaker like your sister . .    ." Laenor whispered to his son. 

"I can hear you," quipped Alyssa offensively earning amused smiles from Rhaenyra and Harwin. 

Harwin's eyes filled with longing, "Might I?"

Rhaenyra glanced at Laenor, "Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey." 

Laenor looked up and his smile disappeared before nodding. "Of course."

"Joffrey?" Alyssa tilted her head in wonder. Her violet eyes sparkled in curiosity. "Like the brave knight Joffrey in fathers stories?"

The man's face held a tiny smile. Over the past ten years, he had honored his memory by telling stories about his first love to his daughter. He'd sometimes share memories of his younger days before she was born. 

Laenor loved his boys, but his little girl held a special place in his heart. When she was a lot younger and even now sometimes when Alyssa had trouble falling asleep she'd always ask Laenor to tell a story. 

"Yes," Laenor stated a bit happier, and handed the boy to Ser Harwin. 

"Father, please may I hold Joffrey?"

Luke had started to move towards the newborn and Harwin and Laenor amusingly tried to stop him and Jace while Alyssa shove her way forward, "If anything I should hold him. After all, mother let me hold him first." 

"No fair!"

"No, No. No. Back to the Dragonpit for you two." Laenor said sternly. "And do not vex your brothers." he grabbed the back of their tunics and gave his daughter a look.

"Why it is fun," Alyssa said mischievously and her smirk resembled one so familiar to Princess Rhaenyra's heart clenched.

Alyssa gave her parents a pleading look, "I wish to join them. I'll be good." 

Rhaenyra sighed, "Fine, but only if you attend your lessons with the Septa tomorrow." 

Her brothers each grabbed Alyssa's arm and hurried out the door all wearing matching smiles. 

𐀔˚ *·ヽ

﹅˚. 𑁍˚. 𓄼 ‹ ━━━━ here is chapter three. i hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I know it's kind of short but I'm on Thanksgiving break. 

﹅˚. 𑁍˚. 𓄼 ‹ ━━━━ WANT A SHOUT-OUT? Comment here.