[ 008 ] becoming one with the sea

CHAPTER EIGHT
❛ becoming one with the sea ❜

CHAPTER EIGHT❛ becoming one with the sea ❜

𝕬lyssa white hair had been braided in some parts while the rest flowed freely

Driftmark is mourning their Sea Princess. The waves crashed against the hards so hard that Alyssa could feel some of the vibration beneath her feet. The air was well with loss and awkwardness. 

The Beaches and the strong smell of the sea were her favorite part. That morning before the ceremony, Princess Rhaenys introduced her to her grandfather Corlys. They had breakfast together along with Baela and Rhaena as he talked about his adventures and the battles he won. Not once was Aunt Laena mentioned. 

Maybe it was Corly's way of trying to cheer them up. She knew by the bags under his eyes that he was disturbed by his daughter's passing. 

The strong winds had nipped her cheeks turning them into a soft pink color. Alyssa had adjusted her shawl and continued to hold her father's hand. 

She leans into her father, trying to find some warmth and comfort, but Laenor was numb, grieving for his sister. 

Vaemond looked toward Princess Rhaenyra and her children. It was clear that everyone thought that the boys held Velaryian blood, there was no sea or salt in their veins. 

However, it was also noticeable how Alyssa seemed to be considered the only legitimate heir because of her violet-green eyes and silver hair. Yet a few doubted it. 

"Lopor courses rȳ velaryon ānogar," Vaemond said as his steel gaze went straight to Rhaenyra and her brothers. 

Alyssa glared at Vaemond as he keeps his eyes on Rhaenya, "īlvon dakogon drēje. Se īlvon ēdruta dōrī vasrie,"

A laugh is what breaks the stares away from Princess Rhaenyra and her children. The source of the laughter came from none other than Daemon Targaryen. 

She had only met him once yet from all the stories he was known to be the greatest fighter and how he took the step stones for the King from her grandsire. 

Daemon's eyes fell on Alyssa and his laughter died out a bit when he stared into her violet-green eyes. Over the years his suspicion had grown over Rhaenyra's second child that seemed to be more Targaryen than Strong.