[ 002 ] trapped in a man's world

CHAPTER TWO
❛ trapped in a man's world ❜

CHAPTER TWO❛ trapped in a man's world ❜

────────────────────────

The dragon above was stunning and terrifying to the citizens of Kings Landing. 

When she was born, she became a favorite of the Seven Kingdoms, taking the mantle of the Realms Joy. But no one adored Princess Alyssa more than her grandsire. She bore the name of his mother, the face of his favorite child, and held the same light of his dearest love Aemma. 

She was born into a world quite small that the Maesters feared wouldn't last the next morning, but Alyssa was strong. Much like her father. ❪ ─ not like she'll ever know the truth ❫

It felt like yesterday when she first arrived back home on the dragon's back. She had nearly scared the wits out of the King. The man was shocked at how his precious granddaughter managed to tame the wild dragon. He worried because of how small she looked compared to the Cannibal. 

Cannibal was just as old as Vhagar but a bit smaller.

But Cannibal was the largest and oldest of wild dragons. He sparked fear just by his name and his reputation of reading about dead, newborn, and eggs of dragons. 

With the Balerion the Black Dread being dead meant that Vhagar was the largest Dragon alive followed by the Cannibal in second now that he was claimed by Alyssa. 

She became the youngest dragon rider at just the age of five years, almost six years old. But still, a child to claim the most terrifying dragon in the world. Cannibal was pitch black like midnight and was death itself with it's piercing green eyes enough to kill one's soul.

Many wondered how she did it. But Alyssa wouldn't say but Laena never said how she claimed Vhagar either. 

It was like the meeting with her dragon was personal. Only something that was meant to be kept to herself. 

She saw the loneliness in Cannibal's eyes. Just like how she felt when her dragon egg hadn't hatched, unlike her brothers. When it came to her appearance, she looked nothing like her father.

Not to mention the murmurs of her brothers and her being bastards alright set them apart from the rest. 

Alyssa II Velaryon was courageous and clever in her way much her namesake—Which meant that she was quite the handful for Rhaenyra and Laenor. 

Like her mother, she liked to spend her days on Dragonback than be stuck in the library with a Septa learning about the histories.

Sometimes her father liked to join her daughter. Sometimes they'd race through the skies and come to the dinner table with wide grins. Before, mother would join with Jace saddled behind her securely, seeing as his Vermax was still growing and nowhere near the size to ride yet.