[ 012 ] time will heal all wounds, but not all

CHAPTER TWELVE
❛ time will heal all wounds but not all ❜

CHAPTER TWELVE❛ time will heal all wounds but not all ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ LOCATION, DRAGONSTONE *˖ ✶ʾʾ 

THE MOMENT ALYSSA SAW HER MOTHER MARRY ANOTHER MAN MOMENTS AFTER LAENOR'S DEATH CREATED A DRIFT BETWEEN THEM BOTH. 

Alyssa did not say anything when the feast was served and it seemed that Jace, Luke, Baela, and Rhaena shared the same sentiments. 

Before the wedding, Rhaenyra had a talk with them. She had told them the truth about how despite not loving Laenor romantically, he was still dear to her heart. He was her companion over the years and a good partner.

Daemon would be their stepfather, but he would never replace Laenor. The truth of Harwin being their true father could never be known, for they are Velaryons by name and not Strongs. 

Harwin understood that despite the circumstances and the longing he felt toward his sons for the past couple of years it was to protect them. 

But most importantly what mattered the most is that they were Targaryens. 

They were her children and that is what mattered. 

It was revealed that Alyssa wasn't Harwin's daughter or Laenors, but Daemons and she felt like an outcast among her brothers. But Jace and Luke didn't treat her any differently. 

Jace instead held her hand and told her he loved her all the same. No matter if they shared different fathers.

Alyssa never treated them differently because of their brown hair and eyes.

To Luke, she was his big sister and protector. Alyssa was his fairytale knight. The one to scare all the big scary monsters away. She was his security blanket and the one that kissed all his wounds and helped him get back up. 

"How long do you plan to give mother the silent treatment?" Jace asked one day.

"As long as I wish brother." Alyssa and Jace were laying on the beach holding hands. She was still in her riding gear and what Alyssa was happy about on Dragonstone wearing shirts and trousers without the whispering vipers of ladies in court judging her and the Queen's glares.