[ 007 ] we will meet again someday

CHAPTER SEVEN
❛ we will meet again someday ❜

CHAPTER SEVEN❛ we will meet again someday ❜

The trip from Dragonstone to Driftmark wasn't long. Alyssa had ridden above the boat riding on Cannibal. Her mother was slowly starting to get used to her riding the most terrifying Dragon. It's not like Cannibal can stay behind, seeing as only Alyssa would be the only one to tame him from not eating anything in sight. 

Alyssa only met her Aunt Laena that day when she claimed her best companion. She was the one that seemed the proudest that she managed tame Cannibal. On her remaining days on Dragonstone, she had spent flying with Aunt Laena. 

From that day forward they communicated through letters. 

It was nice while it lasted but it hurt so much. One of the few people that rode the fiercest dragons was gone. Who else is there to help guide her?

"You should get dressed darling." Laenor placed a hand on her shoulder. He now stood next to her, watching the scenery. "Beautiful isn't it?"

"It is quite lovely," Alyssa spoke fluently, propping her arms and leaning forward a bit. She placed a hand over her father's in comfort. 

"I am sorry about Aunt Laena, father. I wish we got to see her sooner. But I didn't think it would be like this," 

Laenor's head dropped in sadness and a sense of guilt hit him. He wished he had taken his family away from Kingslanding sooner and joined Dragonstone. Then perhaps they'd have the freedom to go to Pentos where his sister and daughters resided. 

"I couldn't protect her. She was my other half and I couldn't protect her."

"You did the best you could." Alyssa embraced her father, "Aunt Laena got to die a Dragonriders death in the end. You and Aunt Laena will meet again someday,"

He held his daughter close to him in fear. What if his daughter were to die as Laena had? Vhagar had burned her in her final moments. It is said that giving birth to heirs was the woman's battlefield. She was too young and still a baby in his eyes.