[ 011 ] blood of my blood

CHAPTER ELEVEN
❛ blood of my blood ❜

CHAPTER ELEVEN❛ blood of my blood ❜

ALYSSA STOOD BETWEEN LORD CORLYS AND PRINCESS RHAENYS, WATCHING THE MEN OF DRIFTMARK LOOP ROPES LOOSEN AND LET THE COFFIN FALL ONCE AGAIN INTO THE WATERS

It was safe to say that Alyssa hated funerals.  

It was pointless for the rest of the family who were already sailing back to Kings Landing to immediately come on arrival. In truth, Rhaenys didn't want to invite them at all after what happened nights ago to her grandchildren. 

The girl stared at the seas longingly and remembered how her father wished to join the seas with his sister. At least he would be with his sister once again. They'd be watching over their family and that somewhat brought Alyssa comfort knowing that Laenor was happy again, even if it saddened her that it wasn't with her. 

Rhaenys like she had done with the twins had comforted the girl. She had an arm secured around her waist while Alyssa rested her head tiredly on her side. 

It was clear that Alyssa did not sleep a wink last night, or had proper sleep in the past few days which was a concern to members of the family. 

Rhaenyra held onto Jace and Luke while watching the funeral. Yet her eyes would trail back to her daughter straight away. The only thing she regretted about the plan to take Laenor's death was breaking Alyssa's heart in the process. She knew how much Alyssa adored Laenor.

The brothers knew clearly that Laenor's death had affected Alyssa tremendously. No longer could they recognize the girl that always wore smiles and made the Red Keep her playground of chaos. They didn't see their brave, sarcastic, and loving sister but saw a vessel of emptiness. 

Her eyes were empty and that scared them both. Especially how she kept staring into the sea as she wanted to join him. 

She didn't realize the voices around her, calling out her name in fear and panic. Rhaenys was the one to catch her before she collapsed. 

Before the darkness filled her eyes yet again she saw Daemon be the first one to reach for her only for him to be held back by Corlys.