[ 020 ] long live the queen

CHAPTER TWENTY
❛ long live the queen ❜

CHAPTER TWENTY❛ long live the queen ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ location, kingslanding redkeep *˖ ✶ʾʾ

Alyssa Targaryen officially hated funerals and death. All the inhabitants of Dragonstone clustered behind them to pay their respects to the death of her sister. 

She held Joffrey by the shoulders who was awfully quiet, he didn't understand what was going on but by the expression on Alyssa's face and how she was covered in mother's blood, it was clear that something horrible happened.

Joffrey reached out to clasp his older sister's hands tightly. 

Luke watched on with sadness staring at the small pyre where Visenya lay to rest. Jace had his arms around both Alyssa and Luke also in grief and trying to muster the strength he had to comfort his younger siblings. 

Her sullen expression was wiped away when the sound of knights took out their swords. A knight that resembled Ser Killian, who stood a couple of feet away from her stepped forward recognizing his younger brother, and wondered where Arryk went. 

"I mean no harm, brothers." 

Ser Killian muttered, "Erryk." realization dawned on the man, and realized that Arryk had chosen the side of the Greens. 

Alyssa removed herself from her brother's embrace and went to her shield to console him and took his hand. "I am sorry,"

He said nothing but held her hand.

The guards allowed him to reach toward Rhaenyra and Daemon. He had knelt down on one knee before taking out a golden crown that was once worn by Aenys, Jaehhaerys, and Viserys. He presented it to Rhaenyra without breaking eye contact. The mourning mother cautiously stepped forward looking at the crown. 

"I swear to ward the Queen...with all my strength and give my blood for hers...I shall take no wife...hold no lands...father no children. I shall guard her secrets...obey her commands...ride at her side, and defend her name and honor." 

Her father took the crown carefully and stared at it in sadness and awe. This was his brother's crown and now it belonged to his wife.

Rhaenyra straightened herself, pushing down her shoulders, and raised her head. Daemon placed the golden crown upon Rhaenyra's head. He went down on one knee before her. 

"My Queen," 

Alyssa looked at her mother in awe. The woman before her had lost everything, her father, the throne, and Visenya in one day yet here she was standing and remained unbroken. The tears were still there but Rhaenyra stood proud. 

She took on the role that her father had given her decades ago. Everyone followed Daemon's lead, dropping to one knee before their Queen. 

Alyssa watched her mother be crowned Queen.

The Black council commenced its first session. Standing with her sisters in the chamber of the Painted Table, she listened to her father and mother go back and forth debating on which houses to support the now-crowned Queen Rhaenyra.

Aemma wears the symbol of her House. The Targaryen colors are red and black much like her brothers. Blackfyre strapped around her waist knowing that everywhere she'll go, she will need it now that they were at war. 

Daemon spoke of dragons, insisting that they were the greatest weapon

"They have three adult dragons, by count. We have Caraxes, syrax, and Meleys." Daemon said earning a raised brow from Rhaenys. 

"Rhaenyra's sons have Dragons: Vermax, Arax, and Tyraxes. Baela has Moondancer."

"Daemon . . . none of our Dragons have been to war," Rhaenyra told him. 

"There are also unclaimed Dragons. Seasmoke still resides on Driftmark. Vermithor and Silverwing dwell on Dragonmont...still riderless.  Then there are the two wild dragons." Daemon gestured to Alyssa and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Alyssa rides the second largest dragon Cannibal, the most terrifying of them. Proving that wild dragons can be tamed. Alyssa has been at war with Cannibal, which has helped the Corlys immensely."

"And who is to ride them?" Rhaenyra asked, her voice filled with exasperation. 

"Dragonstone has thirteen to their four," Daemon explained, ignoring Rhaenyra. "I also have a score of eggs incubating in the Dragonmont. Now..." 

He placed the marker on Harrenhal. "We need a place to gather. Here, at Harrenhal. We cut off the west surround the King's landing with the dragons, and we could have every Green head mounted on spikes before the fucking moon turns," Daemon finished in satisfaction. 

A guard comes in alerting the presence of a ship arriving with a green-headed green dragon. 

Otto Hightower has come to play and Alyssa was more than ready to kill him. 

────────────────────────

ʿʿ 𝑰. 𓂃 𓏲࣪ 𖤐 𓄹𓈒 ╱ Here is a filler chapter for you all. I'm sick so I'm probably not going to write for a few days. 

𝑰𝑰. 𓂃 𓏲࣪ 𖤐 𓄹𓈒 ╱ I'm going to be publishing a new HOTD fanfic soon. Comment here if you want a dedication.