[ 005 ] eldest son against eldest son

CHAPTER FIVE
❛ eldest son against eldest son ❜

CHAPTER FIVE❛ eldest son against eldest son ❜

────────────────────────

𝕾he shouldn't feel jealous watching her brothers and uncles train in the yard. 

Alyssa hated her lessons. Now seen years old. Expected to learn about how to act as a lady — the basics of reading and writing were tolerable. Music lessons and dancing were a nightmare but she still managed to do okay in them. Nevertheless, it bored her senseless, and would avoid them at all costs. 

Sometimes Alyssa wished she was a boy so she would join her brothers and uncles. Harwin and Father gave her the privilege of learning weaponry alone. She should be grateful that she was able to learn it, but that didn't mean that it hurt seeing them down there. 

That is how she found herself sitting on her grandsire's lap with a book. The Hand Lord Lyonel Strong accompanied him right beside him also at the castle walls watching the training session. 

Aemond got used to the feeling of wielding a sword in his hand in no time. It was one of the things he enjoyed besides reading. He loved the burn and aching feeling in his muscles. It was exhilarating and he believed that if he had no dragon yet. That he should be a good swordsman. 

He would grow to be stronger than his brother. Aemond would make sure of it and be good enough to tame any dragon he desired. 

In between sparing, Aemond would glance up at the sky to take a breath. He saw his father and his hand watching the training session. On his lap was Alyssa happily sharing her book with the King. The sickly man responded with chuckles at her eager expression.

A wave of jealousy coursed through his body at how his father seemed to neglect his other children but his firstborn daughter and bastard grandchildren. 

His eyes focused on his niece who seemed to be more Targaryen than the rest of the siblings. The realm has named her the Realms Jewel. For she was born amongst the stars. She was Alyssa I Targaryen reborn according to his father. 

For she brought joy to King Viserys eyes once again after the passing of the late Queen Aemma. 

A small breeze made Alyssa's loose hair flow freely. For a moment it was like Aemond's breath had stopped and was completely mesmerized. When Alyssa's eyes fell on him they held each other's gaze for a few moments. 

We are going to see the great wonders across the Narrow Sea and eat only cake

They used to be close but when she came back with Cannibal, his jealousy got the best of him. Alyssa had claimed the most terrifying dragon and never did he feel so defeated.