[ 019 ] the king is dead

CHAPTER NINETEEN
❛ the king is dead ❜

CHAPTER NINETEEN❛ the king is dead ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ location, kingslanding redkeep *˖ ✶ʾʾ
this chapter contains traumatic birth, blood, and miscarriages

"WHY AREN'T YOU PRECIOUS?"

Alyssa Velaryon holds Jaehaera on her lap playing with a wooden toy dragon. Her twin, Jaehaerys babbled nonsense and wore a gummy smile when she picked him up and placed him on her lap. Maelor was too young to play and was cradled in Helaena's arms. 

"Lys!" Jaehaera holds the toy to the older girl and Jaehaerys giggled and clapped, "Dwagon!"

"You've got dragon blood in you both. Soon when you take the skies with your dragons, I'll take you anywhere your little heart desires,"

Alyssa spoke in Valyrian wearing a delighted grin. "They're wonderful Helaena," she said to the older woman. 

Helaena who was watching felt at peace. She wished for a husband that was kind and children. Aegon was not the man she wanted, but she did get her dream of a little family. 

There was Aemond, but he could only do so much by being their Uncle and not being so close to the twins. Many speculated that he was their true father to her children but that wasn't the case.

She found solace in letters from Alyssa and seemed to care about her well-being when she was pregnant unlike other vipers in court that only cared about the baby. Alyssa despite being so far away was probably the only person that cared about her the most. 

Even though they were young, Alyssa would always defend her even from Queen Alicent who didn't understand her daughter and would sometimes lash out at her for her riddles

Aegon may not love her children but Alyssa Velaryon did. Helaena did not have a loving husband, but a loving niece and best friend that worshipped the ground she walked on and showered her with the love and affection she so desired for her and the children. In her mind, this was the little family she envisioned.