[ 021 ] i'll bring you war

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
❛ i'll bring you war ❜

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE❛ i'll bring you war ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ location, dragonstone *˖ ✶ʾʾ

ALYSSA STOOD ONCE AGAIN IN THE PAINTED ROOM.

She didn't know what happened on that bridge, but from what Alyssa could tell, it had something to do with the crumbled-up paper she had shoved in her pockets. Alyssa knew better not to push her mother and decided that standing at the round table would be the best choice. 

"Viserys often spoke of Valyrian histories. I know them all." Rhaenyra stated, recalling the many things her father had said, still coming to terms with the fact that she was now Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 

"When dragons flew to war, everything burned...I do not wish to rule over a kingdom of ash and bone," 

"Mother, you can't possibly be considering the Hightower's terms?" Alyssa questioned in surprise. 

"As Queen, what is true duty to the realm? Or is it sitting on the Iron Throne, no matter the cost?"

"That is your father talking," Daemon muttered.

Alyssa let out a small sigh, "Here we go again," 

Jace gave her a nudge, "Quiet," 

She merely rolled her eyes and listened. For the past few days, her parents never seemed to be on the right page. 

"My father is dead," she said loudly, for the first time she was beginning to accept the fact that her father was dead. The peaceful King was no more. 

"And he chose me as his successor. To defend the realm, and not cast it headlong into war," Rhaenyra said while Daemon's face contorted into fury. 

"Well, the enemy has declared war!" Daemon roared, allowing his temper to let loose. Alyssa glared and stepped forward, ready to fire back at him with remarks but one look from her mother made her shut up.