[ 004 ] introducing the pink dread

CHAPTER FOUR
❛ introducing the pink dread ❜

CHAPTER FOUR❛ introducing the pink dread ❜

────────────────────────

When Alyssa was with her brothers she didn't like how they looked at each other and giggled quietly. But she didn't think much of it when Aegon came over and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, guiding her to where the rest of the Dragon keepers and Jace were training. 

"Niece! perhaps we can go on a race later like last time?" Aegon asked his other arm waving, "I guarantee you I will win this time."

"As if you can beat Cannibal. Like her rider, he doesn't like to lose either," Alyssa scoffed, pushing his arm off and watching her brother with Vermax. 

When Alyssa claimed Cannibal she remembered how the dragon keepers were worried about the other dragons. He wasn't allowed in the pit due to the fact for his violent ways and appetite for eating dragons. 

Aemond who heard her words couldn't help but smirk at his brother's scowl, knowing that she was right when it came to Cannibal's skill. 

The moment Vermax, a small yellow dragon with red wings entered it crumbled. When Vermax climbed over the last bit of the ramp, the Dragonkeepers spoke, "Halt!"

The other two holding Vermax stopped walking, keeping the dragon still. 

"Let it come,"

Carefully Vermax's chains were released. 

Aegon audibly yawned as the mentor pushed Jace forward toward his dragon. 

Alyssa shot him a look and pinched him, earning a yelp from her uncle. The other let out a small chuckle watching the pair. 

"Quiet!"

the Dragonkeeprs made Aegon and Aemond freeze up and stand still while Alyssa acted poised but smug. 

"Call Vermax to heel, Prince Jacaerys."

"Serve!" Jace said the command. 

Vermax paused when he stood close to Jace. The dragon rose onto his hind legs, studying Jace, and then lunged forward with a hiss. 

Jace took a step back before giving another command, "Halt!"

This time Vermax listened to him, lowering back to the ground. 

"Well done," 

"Good job, big brother," Alyssa smiled while Luke cheered beside her.  The two were happy that he was making progress. 

Another Dragonkeeper had entered from the long cave with a goat. It was what they fed most to dragons. 

Vermax had noticed it. The dragon's head shot to the side and sniffed, eyes drilling into the goat.