Reluctant Alliance

Berlin, Germany

Aaron, Sam, and Bucky were in the prison where Helmut Zemo was held.

Guard: He's just through that corridor.

Bucky: Alright. Give us a sec.

The guard leaves the trio.

Bucky: I'm gonna go alone.

Aaron: Why?

Bucky: Because you and Sam are Avengers, you know how he feels about that.

Aaron: Former Avenger.

Bucky: He doesn't care whether you're retired or not.

Sam: Buck, it's not like you two are known for frolicking in the sun together.

Bucky: He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together, trust me. I got it.

Aaron: (sighs) It's not you we don't trust.

Bucky nods, knowing where Aaron is coming from, before leaving him and Sam to talk to Zemo.

Sam: (to Aaron) You think this'll work?

Aaron: I highly doubt it. At least, now Zemo won't be able to mess with Bucky.

Sam: Yeah, but he'll try to.

They stayed silent while waiting for Bucky.

Meanwhile

Bucky entered the room to face Zemo, who was standing behind a glass panel.

Zemo: Тоска. Ржавый. Семнадцать. [Longing. Rusted. Seventeen.]

Bucky: Those days are over.

Zemo: I know. Just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words.

He got closer to Bucky and examined him.

Zemo: Something is still in there. At least, you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment.

Bucky: That time wasn't exactly a picnic.

Zemo: For what it's worth, I'm sorry. It was never personal, you were simply a means to a necessary end. How is O'Connor? He has been under HYDRA's radar for some time.

Bucky: Someone recreated the Super Soldier Serum. And I need to find out who.

This caught Zemo's attention.

Zemo: You're assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate

Zemo: You're assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate. Luckily for you, I know where to begin.

Bucky stared at Zemo as he talked.

Timeskip

At a warehouse, Bucky told Aaron and Sam what he wants to do with Zemo.