Getting It Back

John kept running until he reached an abandoned train yard. He saw an open door and ran through it.

Once he was inside, he paced back and forth as the memories of Lemar dying and him killing that Flag Smasher flashed through his head, and so did Lemar's voice.

He then got down on his knees and held his head.

He heard footsteps approaching him, so he looked up and saw Sam, Aaron, and Bucky walking towards him.

John: (to himself) Time to go to work.

He got up as Sam, Aaron, and Bucky approached him.

Aaron: John.

John: You should probably see a medic, you don't look so good.

Sam: Stop, Walker.

John: What? You saw what happened, you know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!

Bucky: He didn't kill Lemar, John.

John: (scoffs)

Bucky: Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well.

John: I'm not like you.

Aaron: Listen, it was the heat of the battle, okay? If you explain what happened, maybe they'll consider your record.

Sam: He's right, we don't don't anyone else to get hurt. John...You gotta give me the shield, man.

John looked up and glared at Sam, then at Bucky, then at Aaron.

John: Oh. So that's what this is...You almost got me.

Sam: You made a mistake.

John: You don't wanna do this.

Bucky: Yeah, we do.

He charged at John as Sam and Aaron followed suit

John kicked Sam away before doing the same with Aaron.