Surface Attack

Wakanda

After a few hours of flight, Ramonda, Shuri, Nakia, Aaron, and Riri arrived in Wakanda. On the way there, Aaron answered as many of Riri's questions as he could.

Once they landed, Ramonda and Riri went to the throne room, Nakia left to walk around the city, while Aaron (now in his civilian clothing, with the Flash emblem on his chest) accompanied Shuri to her lab.

Shuri: I have to admit, it is nice to see you again. I only wish it were under better circumstances.

Aaron: Yeah, you and me both.  But if I'm honest, "better circumstances" are a very rare occurrence for us.

Shuri: Good point.

Once they entered the lab, they were greeted by a scientist.

Scientist: (to Shuri) Princess, it is good to have you back. The city has been on edge since you left.

Shuri: Go. Fortify the sonic barriers for all waterways.

The scientist glanced at Aaron, which Shuri noticed.

Shuri: He's with me.

The scientist nods before leaving the lab.

???: Princess?

Aaron and Shuri turn around to see a bald woman with fern tattoos on her head approaching them. Aaron assumed that she may be a member of the Dora Milaje.

Shuri: Aneka.

She and the woman, now known as Aneka, hug each other.

Aneka: Thank the ancestors. Hmm?

The woman separate, and Aneka turned to Aaron.

Aaron: Hello. (puts his hand out) I'm...

Aneka: (shakes Aaron's hand) Aaron O'Connor, The Flash. Your reputation precedes you, even in Wakanda.

Aaron: Thanks.

Akena: (turns to Shuri) I just wanted to return these.

She takes out what looked like dagger hilts and held them out for Shuri.

Shuri: No. Keep them. You might need them soon.

Akena: (pockets the hilts) Did you get that from down there?

Shuri looks at her right wrist to see the bracelet Namor gave her before taking it off.

Aneka: Is it true you saw an underwater empire?

Shuri: (nods) Yes.

Aneka: Hmm.

Shuri: It is beautiful. But these people are dangerous, Aneka.

Meanwhile

In the market, several Jabari, including M'Baku, stood by in case the Talokanil arrive.

Jabari 1: The princess has been returned home by the War Dog Nakia and the outsider, The Flash.

M'Baku: Glory to Hanuman.

Jabari: Glory to Hanuman.

M'Baku: Mm. The spy saves Wakanda once again. The queen will reward her with lifetime banishment, I'm sure of it.

The Jabari laughed.

Suddenly, an explosion occurred as water flooded the market, as well as most of the city.