Grief Counseling

The group arrive at the building where the memorial would be held. They entered a boiler room.

The girl pointed to a room and left.

Zemo: Karli's in there.

Aaron and Sam head towards the door. Suddenly, John grabbed Zemo and pushed him against the wall.

John: (to Aaron and Sam) Hey. You got 10 minutes. Then we're doing things my way.

John cuffed Zemo to a pipe.

Zemo: (to John) Aggressive...but I get it.

Aaron and Sam walked into the room and stood near a window where they saw the funeral from above as Karli began her speech

Karli: I don't remember my mother or my father. Same goes for siblings, grandparents, cousins. What I do remember is being alone. Worse than being hungry or cold or scared. I was alone, until Mama Donya. Like a lot of you here, Mama Donya saved me. She clothed me, fed me, loved me...

Karli looked up and saw Aaron and Sam watching from an open window. She looked around frantically before continuing.

Karli: She taught that we have to do for each other, because they won't. We know who they are. They impose struggle and hardship on us. They labeled us as criminals for pushing back. But the struggle is what brings us all together, people who have nothing in common. For we are, after all, simply one world and one people...So live accordingly.

Short timeskip

After everyone payed their respects, Karli was alone when Sam and Aaron approached her.

Karli: Saw you two back there.

She turned to face them.

Aaron: It's just us two. We just wanna talk.

Karli: Bold of you...But, then again, you were one of the only true heroes.

Aaron simply nods in response.

Sam: Sorry for your loss.

Karli: Don't condescend me, I'm not a child.

Aaron: No one is condescending anyone. I know how it feels to lose someone close to you, I've been there.

Karli: No, you don't. Not like this.

Sam: It doesn't have to be a war, Karli.

Karli: They started a war as soon as they kicked us out of our new homes and onto the street. People all around the world need me, millions of them.

Aaron: Look, neither of us can speak for millions, but we both understand you, especially me. I understand your frustration, your...helplessness, I've felt that multiple times.