MOVING ALONG - Muke/ Mashton

explicit language
📝 requested by Blesivfam3

___

Short summary:

Michael and Ashton are getting married but Luke has something important on his chest that he's struggling to keep contained. Will Luke crash his best friends wedding? Ft. mum friend Calum™

______

His subconsciousness kept yelling at him to get the fuck up and get out of bed. His conciseness, however, knew that he could press snooze at least three more times before he'd be running late.

Pleased with himself, Calum reached over to shut off the disturbing sound of his alarm, only to accidentally roll out of bed and hit the ground in a tangle of sheets. His alarm clock followed, hitting him in the head and still not stopping to beep.

Ashton had given the alarm clock to Calum last year, telling him it was idiot proof to make sure you get up on time. Why the hell you'd put a snooze button on an alarm clock designed for designated oversleepers was lost on Calum but today, this clock had certainly done it's job.

Calum finally found the button to shut the thing off before groaning and flopping back into his nest of sheets on his threadbare bedroomfloor carpet.

While his vision adjusted to the dim light pouring through the curtains, his eyes trailed to the floral suit hanging on his closet door.
He half smiled, half cringed and his stomach made a tiny backflip.

Michael and him had been at this for fucking years. He clearly remembered laying on his threadbare bedroomfloor carpet back at his parents house in Australia, staring up at the ceiling with Michael and joking about their future weddings. Right then and there, at the edge of fifteen, they had made a packt to come to each other's wedding in the ugliest, most tasteless suits they could find.

Calum thought he had done an amazing job with this one. It had a colorful floral print on it and was made out of a thick material that could only be described as "your late great grandmothers best carpet". Calum loved how he looked like a Harry Styles Walmart version when he wore it. Only Harry could pull off suits like these while also looking good.

Calum pushed himself off the floor and scrambled to his feet before stretching like a cat and throwing open the curtains. The day was beautiful already and the sun was just about to rise. Calums heart swelled. Michael and Ashton deserved nothing less on their wedding day.

After a round of morning cuddles with his puppy, Calum pushed his bedroom door open and padded into the kitchen. It was there where he found his other best friend sitting on the white tiles, his back leant against the kitchen counter.
Luke had his head tipped back and his eyes closed, though Calum could see his hands working at his sides, indicating that he wasn't napping.

"Hey mate," Calum mumbled, "How are you feeling?"

Luke's eyes snapped open and he looked at Calum.

"Meh," he mumbled.

Calum had to admit Luke looked like he had been chewed up and spit out.
Luke wasn't supposed to be here, on Calums kitchen floor on the day of their best friend's wedding.

Luke was supposed to be at home with his dog, getting ready and filled with as much excitement for the wedding as Calum. But instead, Luke had been living in Calums house for a week now, sulking and drowning in his own thoughts.
Luckily, Calums roommate was the most understanding human on the planet and had slept over at his girlfriend's house for the past week to give the two boys room to sort Luke out.