COMLETE MESS - Mashton

____

Short summary:

Michael and Ashton are navigating life in their twenties as Forster caretakers of five kids aged six to seventeen. It's exhausting, stressful, but extremely rewarding and Michael wouldn't change it for the world. But when they're suddenly faced with having to take care of a newborn baby and their whole world turns into a complete mess.

It's disaster Mashton dads with a side of Lierra and cool Uncle Cal.

_____

Michael would be lying if he said that he never regretted his life decisions.

Sitting at his kitchen table at 5:30am, he greatly regretted everything that had lead him there. It was too early to be up, and definitely way too early to write a stupid to-do list.

Standing at the stove infront of him was one of the things that made it all more bearable though. Ashton was systematically toasting bread, spreading butter, cutting apples and packing lunchboxes like it was his job.
Which is was.
Sort of.

Small footsteps on the stairs brought Michaels sleepy attention to the real reason why getting up at 5:30 every morning was worth it after all.

"I won!!!," Levi yelled while he slid on his socks over the kitchen tiles and collided with Ashton's side, who wrapped an arm around the six year old boy in a side hug. With the other hand he was still packing lunches.

"Not fair," Maya pouted, who entered the kitchen a few seconds later, "You had a headstart."

"Both of you," Michael said, "We said no running on the stairs."

"He started," Maya muttered and slid into the booth next to Michael.

"I don't want to hear it," Michael scolded his eight year old forster child, "Do you have soccer practice today or is it still cancelled?"

"No, today is practice," Maya nodded, "Can I hang out with Lily before?"

"Let me figure out the logistics with Ash and I'll get back to you, okay?," Michael asked and jotted MAYA- SOCCER 3PM (LILY?) on the paper.

After he sat down the pen, he used his free hand to gently smooth down Mayas wild blonde curls before drawing her in for a side hug.

"Did you have a good night?," he asked and Maya nodded.

"Good. Cereal or toast?," Michael smiled.

"Cereal," Maya smiled.

Michael poured the cereal in a bowl and added milk while he watched Ashton crouch down in front of Levi and place a kiss on his brown curls before handing him a plate with a toast on it.
"Mike can help you with the peanut butter, okay?," he asked and straightened back up.