BLEACH - Lashton

____

Short summary:

This is a sequel to my Red Line - Lashton songfic! I'd recommend you read that first if you haven't already, or some of this might not make a lot of sense.

Takes place in 2017/2018 when Luke and Ashton were living together.

____

I wanna occupy your brain
Be the only livin' space in your head

He felt like he was floating. He never wanted to be anywhere else but here, next to Luke.

And when you're fillin' up your lungs
Mine's the only name that's under your breath

Luke looked ethereal in any and every way.

The dawn light covered the room in pale blue light and worked out the planes and edges of Luke's face in sharp detail. He was still breathing quicker than usual. His curls were damp in some places and stuck to his forehead. His baby blue eyes were glossy and unfocused, still coming down from the high his body had been on a minute before. A thin layer of sweat covered his neck and chest.

Ashton was so far gone for Luke and seeing him utterly fucked out like this only made it worse.

Ashton did this. It was him who got Luke so worked up he barely remembered his own name and then sent him sky high, promising to catch him when he came back down.

"Fuuuuck," Luke eventually groaned, "Jesus that was so fucking good."

Ashton grunted in agreement.

Brought a knife to a gun fight
But the hurtin' is all mine
When the feeling is airtight

It was fine, really.

This, all of it, the sex, the fighting, the pain, was fine as long as it didn't affect the band.

And they were doing pretty well, honestly. Ever since that one fight that had Ashton skipping a studio day, the two of them had worked things out.

Not in Ashton's favor, obviously, but that was to be expected.
They'd promised each other to never fight about this shit again and to always talk to each other. They'd renewed the no strings agreement and swore to leave the band out of this.

That was until the day finally arrived when everything came crashing down on Ashton.

I know it takes time to let go
But I can't take it no more
Can I make up for lost time?

"Ash?," Luke asked quietly.
It was a lazy Saturday morning and they were sitting in the kitchen, both nursing a coffee.
Ashton hummed.

"Can we talk about something?," Luke asked.

"Yeah, always," Ashton smiled encouragingly.

"She," Luke's voice cracked and he cleared his throat, "she asked me to be her boyfriend last night."
Ashton didn't miss the way Luke avoided looking at Ashton. It was probably for the best because Ashton was sure he couldn't hide the shards of his heart breaking.

"Who?," he breathed, and almost immediately regretted it. Ashton knew exactly who, and Luke knew that Ashton knew, too. Playing into Luke's very obvious guilt, which should not even be there in the first place, was extremely uncalled for.