BIRTHDAY PARTY - Muke

explicit language

It was a Friday night when Luke had a few friends over at his house to help him prepare things for his 18th birthday party.

He was currently methodically ripping bags open and halfheartedly dumping the contents in the brightly colored bowls his parents had collected over their lifes. His best friend Michael was next to him, doing the same.

"Okay but this Hannah girl from my politics class! Dude she's soooooo hot, I swear. I'll point her out to you later," Michael was chattering away, gitty with excitement. Luke considered an answer for a moment but then the opportunity passed and he opted for silence. Instead he beheaded another bag of Cheetos.

"I mean have you seen her boobies?," Michael said and held two hands infront of his chest. Luke was sure nobody could have breatst that size without breaking their back.

"If you say so..," Luke tailed off.

"Aw c'mon buddy, cheer up. What twisted your panties?," Michael asked and despite the easy tone there was a concerned edge to his voice.

Luke's heart made a painful leap and his brain skittered to run through acceptable excuses. He wanted to say the first thing that came to his mind, the truth. But he really couldn't say "Look, I am gay and you're making me really uncomfortable by talking about boobs and girls you'd like to get with in general because I have a very pathetic hopeless crush on you that is probably gonna wreck our friendship in the long run. And also damn you for looking really good tonight."

"Nothing, I just have a starting headache. Let me find some aspirin, can you finish this up?," he gestured to the snack table while avoiding eye contact.

"Sure man."

While Luke turned away he wished he could live in the world of one of those fanfictions he ended up reading late at night when he couldn't sleep. The ones where the main character always got the boy in the end.
But he wasn't in one of those fanfictions.
This was real-life.

And this was his fucking life.

And right now he was in his living room facing the other main male character in his life. His other best friend Simon was cursing heavily while trying to set up the music boxes. But Luke and Simon were different. They've known each other since kindergarten and Simon was family. Michael came bouncing into their life about a year ago when he failed classes so he had to repeat the year.

Simon reappeard behind one of the speakers now and looked at Luke. He raised an eyebrow.

"It's your birthday and you look like you're headed to a funeral... what happened?," Simon asked.

"Nothing. Michael happened," Luke sighed, "the usual."

Simon snorted and turned back to the boxes.

"Don't worry about him, Lu. Only gay in the closet guys act THAT heterosexual...," Simon said casually which made Luke smile.

About four hours later, everyone in Luke's house was drunk or high... Or both.

There was a girl, Mandy from his history class, who was really tipsy and had confesses her crush on him a few drinks ago. Luke didn't know what to do with her, or with the confession for that matter. He didn't want to be rude though so he tolerated her clinging to his arm the whole time.

Luke liked her well enough in school but alcohol made a lot of people unbearable. He didn't dare to tell her to shut the fuck up and leave him alone though, he didn't want to be that kind of guy. But he suspected that leading her on and giving her false hopes to cling to wasn't any better.