PRETEND 2/2 - Cashton

dedicated to StacyStonier

Calum arrived at Michaels house about half an hour later.

His red haired best friend opened the door, wrapped in a blanket and his nose red.

"Hey Cal, why are you here, you are gonna get sick. Wait, shouldn't you be at school anyway? God Cal, are you crying?," Michael rambled and sneezed a few times. "Come in..," he choked out after a coughing attack, "but it's your fault if you get sick."

"So why are you here?," Michael asked while he walked over to the couch, Calum following.

"Do you have ice cream?," Calum sniffled.

"Oh my god.. I have the feeling I won't like where this conversation is going..," Michael sighed and padded into the kitchen to get a huge container of ice cream and a spoon for Calum and a tea for himself before cuddling under his blankets next to Calum on the couch.

"So. What did Ashton do?," Michael asked, watching the younger boy shove a spoon full of ice cream in his mouth while fresh tears were welling up in his eyes.

Calum pieced together everything that had happened an hour ago.

"And.... And you just... You dumped him...?," Michael asked after Calum had finished his story and half of the ice cream as well as about three boxes of tissues.

"Y-yes... I just... He ... I don't know I was so angry," Calum sniffled weakly.

"Well, if he isn't going to fight for you now, he was never worth your time in the first place. I am sure he will come around again though and if he doesn't he never deserved you anyway. Good fucking riddance. And now, we are gonna binge watch stupid movies until I see your smile again," Michael said and sneezed a few times before smiling at Calum.

"Alright I guess," Calum sighed and ate another spoon full of ice cream.

***

Calum woke up due to his alarm clock going off again. He groaned and hid his face in his pillow, remembering yesterday's events. After hating his life for a solid five minutes, he checked his phone and saw he had received five new messages from Ashton.

Ash❤❤

Cal, baby I am sorry

Ash❤❤

Please Calum, let's talk about this!

Ash ❤❤

Are you ignoring me?

Ash❤❤

I love you

Ash❤❤

I'm gonna pick you up for school tomorrow xX

Calum groaned and sent him a short message, telling him he would walk to school today.

Ashton instantly replied.

Shitface

Are you sure?

Calum rolled his eyes and threw his phone on his bedside table before getting up and taking a quick shower.

Standing in front of his closet, he saw his pretty clothes again. But Calum didn't feel like wearing them today. In fact he felt hollow.

He grabbed some sweats, a baggy hoodie, his converse and a beanie.

Calum never wore sweats to school. This was like the number one rule in his life. But this stupid rule didn't seem to matter anymore. Not without Ashton. He grabbed his phone, some headphones and his backpack before making his way downstairs and out of the house.