IN MY HEAD 2/2 - Cake

He watched the orange leaves dance in the Wind while the rain whipped against the tall windows of the van. Next to him, Ashton was complaining and trying to dry his soaked shirt, but to Luke, this was the best weather ever.

It was finally fall and fall was his favorite season.

He pulled the sleeves of his Sweater over his hands and watched the raindrops race down the glass of the slowly fogging window.

His eyelids kept dropping and he found it harder and harder to keep his eyes open, but napping wasn't an option, not now, not with the rest of the band only inches away.

Luke cuddled deeper in his dark hoodie and pressed the volume key of his phone to turn up the soft acoustic song that was currently playing on his headphones from his autumn playlist. His eyes glided over to Calum who sat across from him, their knees touching in the rather small back of the SUV. His short blue hair was the only bright spot of color in the car full of boys dressed in black and the grey weather outside. Pictures of last night appeared behind Luke's eyes. Flashes of bare skin against skin, needy lips and his pale fingers running through said vibrant blue hair.

No, Luke and Calum weren't dating, at least not in this life. But whenever Luke closed his eyes, he entered another world, a world in which everything was the same except for one thing: he had Calum. The dreams appeared more and more frequently now, started as innocent as the first one but nowadays he dreamt about rather explicit stuff quite often too. The dreams came randomly, he never knew when or what triggered them, and that's why he restrained himself from ever sleeping anywhere where people could see him. He was scared of someone finding out about his double life.

Luke felt Ashtons eyes on him and tore his gaze away from Calum to continue watching the tall buildings fly by outside. He was interrupted by Michael's elbow colliding with his ribcage and yanked his headphones down.

"The fuck dude, that hurt!," he whined and Michael rolled his emerald eyes.

"They're playing teeth in the radio," he smiled and Luke heard the bass line of their new single blare through the speakers of the car.

"That's sick mate," he smiled small.

"Yeah man," Ashton grinned back. Michael turned back to his phone to proceed changing his Twitter name and Luke's eyes lingered on Calum once more, just a moment too long, so that Ashton shot him a questioning look again. Luke looked away and pulled his headphones back up, praying that they'd be at the radio station soon so that he finally could get out of this small car and stop being so aware of the place where his knees touched Calums.

***

"Don't you think it's weird," Luke asked, "that Calum broke up with his girlfriend after only six weeks of them dating?"

He was laying upside down on the dark couch in Ashton's big living space and held his feet up toward the ceiling.

"Don't YOU think it's weird," Ashton replied from where he was leaning against the counter of his big open kitchen which was connected to the living room, "how much you are obsessing about it?"

"I am not obsessing about it!," Luke rushed out, maybe a little too fast, and pushed himself up on his elbows, his feet still in the air.

"Oh yeah sure," Ashton grabbed his coffee mug und walked over to the couch, "and what's this supposed to be? Are you planning on starting yoga? Because in that case you can just come to classes with me instead of doing weird stretches on my couch." Luke glared at him but let his feet fall down.

Ashton lifted Luke's legs off the couch, settled down where they were and then put them on his lap.

"There's a hole in your sock, mate," he remarked and glanced up at Luke, who continued to glare at Ashton. Ashton couldn't suppress the grin creeping on his face and it wasn't long until Luke's lips tugged up at the edges too.